This can't be good ...

ClayMeow

Got this on a server at work:

chkdsk.jpg

I've never seen that message before :(. Guess I'll have to figure out a time to run repair mode and hope it fixes things <_>

hmm... the error say that the drive is read-only from that account although it says administrator? is there another admin account (ie. domain admin) that you can use to try again?

ive seen this once at my work where it wouldn't let me run chkdisk as a local admin but i could run it as my domain admin acct.

sorry if this isnt much help.

No, that's not what it's saying. In order to run chkdsk in "repair mode" you need a /f or /r switch. I purposely did not do this because, since it's the system drive, it would require a restart of the system and perform chkdsk before Windows starts, which I couldn't afford to do at the time. Thus, it was purposely done in read-only mode, which would normally run thru...at least when there are no errors. Apparently when it find an error, it doesn't like to continue. lol.

But with it being a mirrored drive, I'm not sure if I should run chkdsk straight up. Windows is running just fine, so my guess is whatever's corrupted isn't a critical portion of the disk, but obviously I don't want it to sit unfixed.