peltier cooler for the xbox 360

cdburner5911

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a monster. I think that thing may be better suited cooling your C2Q6600 instead of your 360.

lol, yah, true, but i dont think anyone else has one like it.

yah, i have six of them, i just might :P

Edited by cdburner5911

ok, i started work on my cooler, i changed my design, im going to run a huge heat pipe across both the CPU and GPU, it is going to come out the end opposit the HDD. there i am going to put the pelt cooler.

flicker: http://www.flickr.com/photos/21163924@N06/

myspace: http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?...36-d74df5599e2d

if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Edited by cdburner5911

im going to cut out a piece of aluminum that is about equal to the space alloted to the cpu/gpu , and mill a round grouve in it. il press the 3/8 copper pipe in it, and run the tups out the end opposite the HDD, I probably wont have it done today, but i will however probably have the part that will hook to the pelt finished today

i just left my 360 out of the case and its not even hot to the touch after a few hours of halo 3, COD4 on the other hand will make anything toasty but nothing a second fan wont fix. since you already openned your 360 i suggest cutting a hole in the case and drop a fan in next to the dvd drive.

yah, i went back to my origional idea, sorta, guna build a sorta golder for the 360 (leaving the 360 cas somewhat in tact), but im going to run hat pipes from the cores, out the back, to the pelts, mounted on an awsom metal thing.

the metal thing is going to consist of, a flat aluminum bottom (bout 1" thick), 2 1" metal brackets that will look similer to a "t" where as the bottem will attach, and the - part of the t will extend forward to cradle the 360, and the top part will hold the pelts, and probably an evtra exsaust fan (probably 120mm), there will be a box below the 360, containing the power brick, tempature controlers W/ display, all required power supplys

anyway, if u want ill shetch it out in paint, maby ill do a rendering...

Edited by cdburner5911