peltier cooler for the xbox 360

cdburner5911

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yah, my 360 would run halo 3 for like 10 min on a 1080P tv and running another game at 1080i the gpu got to 180, and cpu to 150, then it started glitching.

Is that 180 C or F? How did you measure temps?

yah, my 360 would run halo 3 for like 10 min on a 1080P tv and running another game at 1080i the gpu got to 180, and cpu to 150, then it started glitching.

Those sound like slightly higher than normal temps under load. If it's glitching or locking up you either have it closed in where the ambient temp is too high or something. I'd try moving it somewhere cool before modding it and killing any hope of a warranty.

they are F, and i stuck a thermal couple in th ethe heatsink, and it was in an open area.

another problem with the cooling is the twin fan setup in the back are 12v fans running at 5.4v. i tried boosting them to 12v, and it helped, it dropped the gpu 30 and the cpu 20, but the game still glitched (i was playing crackdown, and by glitching, i mean ground becomes unsolid, and you fall through)

Next time i go to my dads, ill post a pic of the pelts...

Edited by cdburner5911

I thought freezing/artifacting when you said that it was messing up but falling through the ground is most likely a game-side problem and not one with the hardware itself. How often does this occur and have you tried using a different copy of the game?

Edited by iKillSteal

o, sorry, I was assuming it was tempatuer related

but in anycase, 180 degrees is unacceptable

180F = 82C

150F = 66C

82C for a GPU isn't that bad. 66C for a CPU is getting a little toasty, but it doesn't seem high enough to be cause lockups or shutdowns.

180F = 82C

150F = 66C

82C for a GPU isn't that bad. 66C for a CPU is getting a little toasty, but it doesn't seem high enough to be cause lockups or shutdowns.

:withstupid:

Probably because the chips used in consoles have to be built to operate at higher temperatures since they have non-replacable cooling solutions and all. We PC gamers can just toss our current cooling setup and buy a better one to meet our needs. That option obviously isn't available to console gamers, at least not to our extent. Unless it crashes/freezes in any other game, I wouldn't really worry too much about those temps.

well, my dad just got a 1080p tv, and its runs halo 3 for like 10-20 min, which is bad, and I also bring it to lan partys, wher I'll play it for 6+ hours, you can see the problem there.

anyway, im going to my dads house soon, I'll put up pics of the pelts, and anything else I have

Edit: Here are the pics

Flicker: http://www.flickr.com/photos/21163924@N06/...57603266768326/

Myspace: http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?...89-c7a74165354c

let me know if you want any more pictures.

Edited by cdburner5911