Water Cooling

LinkCloud

With a $600 limit, I need to covert my North & Southbridge along with my video card to liquid cooling. This system needs to last at least 2 years and require minimal upkeep but needs to pull incredible heat off these items. Do NOT worry about the CPU; I have a VapoChill system for that. I have searched for many ideas unfortunately I

DangerDen NV-88GTX (fits GTX and Ultra): http://www.dangerden.com/store/product.php...t=48&page=1

probably the best GPU solution... I doubt an EK block is as good

DangerDen and Swiftech do a number of chipset blocks, I dunno which will fit your board...

Yeah, before you posted that it seemed to be a winner in my books. I feel better knowing I'm not the only one who likes it. Does such a thing exist that would allow me to channel the cooling from Out-of-case>>VGA>>SB>>NB>>Out-of-case? Are chillers frowned upon due to condensation? Do "chillers" exist?

Yeah, before you posted that it seemed to be a winner in my books. I feel better knowing I'm not the only one who likes it. Does such a thing exist that would allow me to channel the cooling from Out-of-case>>VGA>>SB>>NB>>Out-of-case? Are chillers frowned upon due to condensation? Do "chillers" exist?

Just cut a hole in your case and run the tubing out. Just make sure you put some kind of molding around the edges of the hole so it doesn't cut the tubing.

Chillers aren't frowned upon. Just make sure that you're prepared to deal with the condensation. Considering you use a VapoChill, I don't think that's going to be an issue.

Chillers do exist, but I don't think you can just buy one retail. You'd probably have to make it or find someone else to.

This topic can be closed. Thanks for all your help! I decided to mod my N-SB heatsink for water-cooling and I took the Danger Dan advice for the GPU cooling. I "jerry-rigged" one of those portable water coolers you see in the office to act as my chiller. I'm using a contained system now submerged in mineral oil and contained to remove condensation from the equation altogether.

I

worth.gif

I'm still waiting on a few parts. I have only been able to test things independently. The posted temperature readings are more of a before temp. I'm caulking around the grommets right now and I need to make another run to Home Depot for some "pool lining repair" kits to seal a few troubled spots. I SHOULD be able to have pics within the week, if not then the week after. I'm mounting a reservoir on the top of the case where the VapoChill system is. I want to make a "pooling point" in the case where the water will collect to I can "bleed" the case if any condensation runs down the tubes into the case. After it's fully sealed I shouldn't have this problem but I really don't want to break any seals and redo them over and over if this is a problem. *Point* This system still has a week or two to go before completion, then I want to run a looping benchmark to see where the temperature peaks and look into fixing those "hotspots". If you want, I can keep you posted.

~Link

I want to make a "pooling point" in the case where the water will collect to I can "bleed" the case if any condensation runs down the tubes into the case.

Surely neoprene closed-cell foam (pipe insulation) is a better solution... even if you have it sealed to avoid condensation, it'd just be a pain if you ever want to open the case up, and also you'll never stop the condensation totally by "sealing"

...it'd just be a pain if you ever want to open the case up, and also you'll never stop the condensation totally by "sealing"

I completely agree with you. But I don't mind opening my computer being a project. I don't have all the parts yet, as my idea keeps changing the more I bring it up and brain storm about it. I should have all the parts this week for a "dry-run" so I record the results of the system prior to setting it into the system. I also understand that mineral oil evaporates, that's why I'm "sealing" the system. I have an idea to put a candle heater in a fish bowl and test it with a multi-meter every now and then. I won't submerge the entire system because I don't want oil running into my cables and dumping out of my speakers, keyboard, mouse, ect... I will put an extra silicone seal over my HDDs (they were going to be exterior but I changed my mind) to prevent the oil from "breaking down" the seals and leaking in.

As for condensation, I'm going to be chilling the water into my system using the Boreas 12TEC Chiller. This will cause condensation on the plate and PCB so I will have to cover more than the tubes.

Again, sorry I don't have pictures yet. The system still needs about 2/3 weeks worth of work because of my changing ideas and I want at least another pay check in there. I want some benchmark before and afters as well. There is a lot to check on this project also, so I need to have my system run its 48hr leak checks and I need to paint silicone on certain items and let them dry as well. I will try to keep you guys posted, thanks for your support!

~Link