Oc problems E6850

I need some help. I cant even get a bad oc out of my computer which is really . me off.

So far I've tried about a million things. I've tried different ram dividers, so many different FSB's and everything.

as of right now I can't get into windows with a 3.4 ghz OC with pumping 1.4 V into the proccy.

Ram dividers i've tried with this speed are that of 757 mhz and 808 mhz. Ram voltage is at 2.2 V with timings of 4-4-4-12( rest set to auto )

I have all thermal stuff disabled and I dont know what is holding me back.

I've also tried 3.5 ghz and 3.6 ghz nothing the only oc it will even load into windows with is at 3.1 ghz.

Any idea's would be great!

system in sig

From what I've read, the chip should

do 3.5 ghz on stock volts.

I have a thermaltake cooler with a silentx fan 42 cfm

Any suggestions

Alright so my system is in my sig.

I have the Ram/CPU set to unlinked with the ram at it's stocking setting.

I have the FSB set to 1400 mhz in the bios with the Vcore at 1.365.

The problem is that the bios post and CPU_Z are only showing my oc to be 3.1 ghz which is nothing.

Cpu-z shows my bus speed being 350 mhz with a rated FSB on 1400 mhz ??

Although i did a 777 mhz increase to the bus in the bios ???

Is there some trick to intel oc'ing that i'm not thinking of.

I've only oc'ed Amd's ?

newbitmapimageya1.th.png

On Intel you just change the bus speed, 350 X 9= 3.15Ghz The processor is quad pumped, 4 X 350= 1400. Only thing you can change on this chip is the bus speed, which X 4 will equal the FSB, The multi is locked going up, but you can lower it, 8 X 350=2.80Ghz, 7 X , 6X etc.

I need some help. I cant even get a bad oc out of my computer which is really . me off.

So far I've tried about a million things. I've tried different ram dividers, so many different FSB's and everything.

as of right now I can't get into windows with a 3.4 ghz OC with pumping 1.4 V into the proccy.

Ram dividers i've tried with this speed are that of 757 mhz and 808 mhz. Ram voltage is at 2.2 V with timings of 4-4-4-12( rest set to auto )

I have all thermal stuff disabled and I dont know what is holding me back.

I've also tried 3.5 ghz and 3.6 ghz nothing the only oc it will even load into windows with is at 3.1 ghz.

Any idea's would be great!

system in sig

From what I've read, the chip should

do 3.5 ghz on stock volts.

I have a thermaltake cooler with a silentx fan 42 cfm

Any suggestions

"This chip should do 3.5 on stock volts" <-- every chip is different! Yours might do it, it might as well not do it.

Could you maybe take a screenshot of the BIOS options for your CPU and RAM? That'd be a great help :)