lets get ball moving.. E6850 Overclocking

Alright so I finally got my new cooler and installed and everything so I'm ready to start the Oc'ing.

My specs are in my sig and everything. The ram chips are DH9's.

I've never over clocked an Intel before other wise I wouldn't be posting but I have a couple questions.

I want a nice stable oc of about 3.5-3.7 ghz. I'm on air I don't think this will be to harsh for the cpu.

I did read the guides but it didnt really seem to answer the questions that I had.

Questions as I tried to OC the system:

What is a good average Vcore for a 500-600 mhz. I was thinking about 1.42 V ?

Also What should I have the CPU Special VID set to ? auto ?

What about the CPU drive strength ? Weak or Strong.

Settings for the Ram drive strength, again Strong or Weak ?

Any other settings I need to change before oc'ing on my DFI 680i ?

I have all the thermal management stuff disabled..

Alright so I finally got my new cooler and installed and everything so I'm ready to start the Oc'ing.

My specs are in my sig and everything. The ram chips are DH9's.

I've never over clocked an Intel before other wise I wouldn't be posting but I have a couple questions.

I want a nice stable oc of about 3.5-3.7 ghz. I'm on air I don't think this will be to harsh for the cpu.

I did read the guides but it didnt really seem to answer the questions that I had.

Questions as I tried to OC the system:

What is a good average Vcore for a 500-600 mhz. I was thinking about 1.42 V ?

Also What should I have the CPU Special VID set to ? auto ?

What about the CPU drive strength ? Weak or Strong.

Settings for the Ram drive strength, again Strong or Weak ?

Any other settings I need to change before oc'ing on my DFI 680i ?

I have all the thermal management stuff disabled..

I cant help you with that MB, but with my E6600 it would do 3825 on 1.55 setting in the bios. The E6850 would do 3969 I think it is, (see sig) on 1.55 setting...

are you on stock air or something?

why do you want a lame OC of 3.5-3.7 @ 1.42v ?

the E6850 is capable of around 4GHz... if you want 3.5 - 3.7, you can have my E6600 and I'll take your E6850 :lol:

Shadowfactor, the E6850's got a lot higher than 3.5-3.7 with some decent cooling ;)

A perfect example of how easy the Conroes are to OC: I was by no means new to overclocking, I had a stubborn X2 4400+ before this E6400, which I couldn't get past 2.7GHz by any means (with decent temps). Anyways, I had read a lot about how sweet and easy the E6x00's OCed, so I simply went into the BIOS, dialed in 400x8 (a 1.06GHz increase), didn't change any voltages, and booted into Windows. Found out that after 8 hours of Orthos, it didn't like me, so I went from 1.300V's (real, BIOS 1.325) to 1.376V's (BIOS 1.4), and it's been stable there, ever since :)