corsair querry!

corsair is good at giving the wrong ram, a few years ago i ordered 2-2-2-5 DDR3200 and the sticker said it was 3-3-3-8 but it booted in 2 and cpu-z said it was 2. once i rma'd them they sent me 3-3-3-8. and i will never buy corsair again for all the bs they do to customers.

That ram is an ok set you just have to play with it. Go to 2.1v and play with your timings to see what you can get. I recomend you run memtest everytime you change something so you don't hose your windows install. I have gotten my set (same ones) to 1066 at 2.0v just fine but I have a ram cooler on them too keep the heat down. Mine are running at 5-4-4-17 and they are stable. Just play around with them and see what you can come up with. Each set is different.

ur damn lucky with the ram.. mine was latency 5-5-5-12, colud not push it more than 940mhz. so i tried to tighten the latency,

so its 950mhz, latency 4-3-3-7

i wish i can push the mhz more, so that i can overclock my e2140 more. i have cpu overclocked to 95%, and ram is running at v2.125, it can run at 2.1 also for this.

and r u sure your ram has touched 1066? wats ur fsb?

how have u overclocked urs? 1:1 or 3:2 ? this is vital info for me to overclock more:)

Edited by get_saif

Guest ajmatson

I actually unlinked my memory from the cpu and adjusted it independantly. It took me a while to get it right just slowly climb the FSB until it will not boot or pass memtest then loosen the timings and raise the voltage in baby steps until you get where you want it and it is stable.

I actually unlinked my memory from the cpu and adjusted it independantly. It took me a while to get it right just slowly climb the FSB until it will not boot or pass memtest then loosen the timings and raise the voltage in baby steps until you get where you want it and it is stable.

ok i have tried that to.

as i input 1561 fsb and ram 960 @ 1.8 v, have tried with 2.1,2.2v 2.3v also...it does not boot, i tried what all i could think of..it does not break that barrier.

but the latency at this point was auto to be set by mobo.

how much do u think i should loosen them up?

as i remember in auto i have taken a snap. just check it.

Edited by get_saif

Guest ajmatson

It sounds like it could be the type of chip used in your set of ram not being very friendly. Check here to see if you can find the type of chip used. Some are better than others and some sets of memory use different chips eventhough they are the same RAM.

It sounds like it could be the type of chip used in your set of ram not being very friendly. Check here to see if you can find the type of chip used. Some are better than others and some sets of memory use different chips eventhough they are the same RAM.

i think its corsair pc2-6400 rev 6.1-------------- [email protected] ( nanya B )

so what to conclude with this? and whats nanya B ?

IS THAT Chip something or what?