Waco smell my cheese!

kingdingeling

I have regular old DDR to your DDR2 which makes a massive difference on tests like this as well, not to mention the fact that I'm on Vista which is inherently a little slower.

Lets not forget the 700 MHz clock speed difference too. :lol:

Oh shaddap and get overclocking man! 2.5GHz on a 175?! There's more in there for sure! :D If you tighten some timings on your DDR, it should be able to keep up with DDR2 anyways. At least my G.Skill HZ's could (mainly because of the face they could almost run DDR2 speeds :bah:)

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh shaddap and get overclocking man! 2.5GHz on a 175?! There's more in there for sure!

Sadly no. :(

The second core craps out at anything over 2.54 after a couple hours of priming no matter what vcore I throw at it. It's not the fsb either, because it's stable to the same speed with a 10x multi too.

My memory is pretty close to the limit too, I found the max stable speed with decent timings and brought it back a couple MHz, that's why I'm at 2.5 instead of 2.5x. :(

• 1 month later...
I'm still waiting man :P

I don't remember the steppings.

I have the notion to move the 165 into my desktop and the 175 into my HTPC. I know that the 165 is good up past 2.75 GHz (where my other board crapped out from high fsb after about 8 hours).

I'll be too busy this week to do it (a test in every class, I swear it's a conspiracy) but I should have time this weekend. Who knows, maybe 3 GHz can be squeaked out of it. :)

It would oc higher on a DFI NF4 board... that's a fact...

Why don't you jump in here with that X2 3800+ of yours to show Waco how to overclock / bench a 939 X2 chip? :P

I don't remember the steppings.

I have the notion to move the 165 into my desktop and the 175 into my HTPC. I know that the 165 is good up past 2.75 GHz (where my other board crapped out from high fsb after about 8 hours).

I'll be too busy this week to do it (a test in every class, I swear it's a conspiracy) but I should have time this weekend. Who knows, maybe 3 GHz can be squeaked out of it. :)

Don't remember steppings... that's why you take a halfway decent photograph of every new hardware aquaintance you get, cause it might come in handy sometime :P As I said, I'm still waiting ;)

Mattwalter, I'm not sure you know this story, but Waco was on about how his 939 Opteron would beat my Core 2 Duo in Benchmarks. I had to show him the hard way that he was wrong :lol:

Mattwalter, I'm not sure you know this story, but Waco was on about how his 939 Opteron would beat my Core 2 Duo in Benchmarks. I had to show him the hard way that he was wrong :lol:

I never said that... :blink:

Please, bring out the post. I'm not delusional.

alright alright, I exaggerated a wee bit, but you said that AMD could keep up with the C2D's. I'm not gonna spend ages searching for these posts, but I call hardnrg and verran as my whitnesses :) You were on about why I would always recommend Intel (even to the budget crowd), as AMD was able to keep up etc. You remember now? :)

alright alright, I exaggerated a wee bit, but you said that AMD could keep up with the C2D's. I'm not gonna spend ages searching for these posts, but I call hardnrg and verran as my whitnesses :) You were on about why I would always recommend Intel (even to the budget crowd), as AMD was able to keep up etc. You remember now? :)

http://forums.overclockersclub.com/index.p...74301&st=45

If you were referring to that thread (and I think you are)...I think you need to read it again. AMD chips can keep up with stock or mildly overclocked C2Ds. I didn't say they could beat them or even match them exactly. It all depends on which C2D and which AMD cpu we are talking about as well.

I guess if you selectively read things you could get the idea that I thought AMD chips were faster. :lol:

so why would you say the C2D only offers marginally more performance than an X2 ?

This is the one I was referring to.

Because without overclocking, it is close. That's already been explained earlier in the thread.

I said marginally, because if you have an X2 at ~3 GHz and a C2D at 3.4 GHz, you aren't likely to be able to see a huge difference in performance. 10-20% is a decent amount but it's not something you'd be able to pick out at a glance.

You said without overclocking, but seriously, this is not the stockclockersclub is it?! :lol: