intel Or Amd?

Guest tlivingston

I'de say go with the Intel, they may be more expensive, but lets face it. We don't play games 24/7, we all surf the net too, as I am doing right now. I often have many programs running at once and Hyper Threading would come in handy. They dont charge you more for nothing you know. AMD may overclock better, but even if you o/c the intel a little, it will still have better performance.

So I'd say go with the 3.06Ghz HT

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can even save about $100 and get one of the new 2.4Ghz P4's with H/t rather than the 3GHz. HardOCP took of one these cpu's and was able to overclock it to about 3.6Ghz. Save the extra $100 and get some kick . ram or something, or put it towards a new water cooling kit.

For OVERCLOCKING, i think intel still has the amd chips beat easily. Here you can see that intel's 2.4 does not actually even require a hsf, meanwhile amd recommends a noisier/higher speed hsf. This tells ya something about overclockability cooling wise. Why not spend a little more on an intel, instead of an amd that requires a ~100$ thermal solution to get good overclockability. i'm not saying go out and buy an intel with no fan. but IF an intel will run with no fan stock, with a fan you can see the overclocking capabilities, without the expense in thermal solutions.