My Rig Wont Post After A Hard Shutdown

SMeeD

Check all the caps on the motherboard, make sure there's no physical damage to it. Is there a computer store you can go buy a cheap board from, test it and then take it back?

Edited by nan0click

All of the caps look good, I cant find any physical damage either. Im usually very careful when Im around the components because Im afraid of messing anything up.

There is a mom and pop store that I know of but Ive never been in there.

Ive been thinking about conroe lately. Its funny because I backed up all of my important stuff just a day or two before this happened, maybe this is the time to upgrade.

Edited by SMeeD

All of the caps look good, I cant find any physical damage either. Im usually very careful when Im around the components because Im afraid of messing anything up.

There is a mom and pop store that I know of but Ive never been in there.

Ive been thinking about conroe lately. Its funny because I backed up all of my important stuff just a day or two before this happened, maybe this is the time to upgrade.

If you think that we are going to help you reationalize puting together a new C2D based PC because your old one has some faulty hardware somewhere, you're wrong. We'll just tell you to do it anyway, and then fix the old one, too!

If you think that we are going to help you reationalize puting together a new C2D based PC because your old one has some faulty hardware somewhere, you're wrong. We'll just tell you to do it anyway, and then fix the old one, too!

If it really is the motherboard thats broken, I wont need much rationalization to build a new rig beyond crysis and the C2D price cuts. But dont worry! Ill still need to get my decision for replacement parts double checked :P

Edit* Im rebuilding the machine on Monday.

Edited by SMeeD

• 2 weeks later...

Update. It was the PSU that was dead... I cannot describe in words how pissed I was to figure that out. How or why the voltages were fine is beyond me. I put my old rig back together with a different mobo and I got the same crap I did before when I booted. I tossed in my OCZ PSU and it booted right up. Needless to say I feel like a complete and total idiot/noob and I wont be buying another antec PSU for a very, very long time.

Update. It was the PSU that was dead... I cannot describe in words how pissed I was to figure that out. How or why the voltages were fine is beyond me. I put my old rig back together with a different mobo and I got the same crap I did before when I booted. I tossed in my OCZ PSU and it booted right up. Needless to say I feel like a complete and total idiot/noob and I wont be buying another antec PSU for a very, very long time.

Hmm I have had good luck with Antec in the past but I did order a Sonata case a few months ago that came with a dead PSU. Glad you got it going again..

I called them once I wasnt so mad and as much as Im not liking them right now I would be an idiot to pass up a free replacement. I talked with the guy for only about two minutes and I had an RMA number.

Edit* They are sending me a Truepower trio 650. Its an upgrade but if it gives me problems like the last two....

Edited by SMeeD