Problem with my IC7-Max 3

The last time i posted on here, i had a problem with my motherboard not recognizing a new HDD i bought. Well, i had to reformat my computer since then and i am having the same problems...

Motherboard- Abit IC7-Max3

HDDs- Maxtor 80GB SATA (has windows and works fine)

Western Digital 160GB SATA (one that will not recognize and has some very important files on it)

Heres the story:

When i boot up windows, the BIOS only recognize the Maxtor 80GB. As the BIOS boot and it flashes to the "set up a RAID" menu, it will only recognize the WD 160GB. Windows boots through the Maxtor just fine and only the Maxtor is shown in My Computer.

Heres my theory... Last time i pulled everything out of my tower, i broke off the plastic connector around the top SATA plug leaving just the pins sticking out. The Maxtor is plugged into the SATA plug directly below it. On the bottom of the Mobo, there are 4 additional SATA plugs lined up next to each other. When i plug the Maxtor into ANY of these plugs and i plug the WD into the top SATA plug, Windows will not boot. The WD is shown in the BIOS and the Maxtor is shown in the "set up a RAID' menu. I will draw a diagram and post it below...

Could the top 2 SATA connections be a "master" SATA plug? Will the bottom 4 SATA plugs only operate if the top 2 SATA plugs are already in use? If this is true, how can i enable the bottom 4 plugs? Like i said, only 1 of the top 2 SATA plugs are working.

Please help me out. I need some advice once again. :)

post-8903-1173899400_thumb.jpg

care to share the problem? I have channel issues in my mind for some reason.

The problem was that i was only able to use the top 2 SATA ports on my mobo. I have 2 HDDs and only one of the top 2 SATA ports were working. I broke the other one. So, to enable the bottom 4 ports, you have to turn them on in the BIOS menu. Click the link that was posted above, download the manual and check out pages 2-17 and 2-18. It is too complicated to type it here but you can read it for yourself. :)

EDIT: okay i guess i spoke too soon. I actually got around to trying the instructions out and everything that it told me to enable was already enabled... Its still not working. *open mouth insert foot* Any other advice? ccokeman, is there anyway you could list out the settings for your SATA controller as listed under your bios?