OCC Review: Microsoft Flight Simulator X Deluxe

sdy284

Flight Simulator X Deluxe Review

91x17-digg-button.gif

There are select group of people, in my experience, that love a great flight simulator game. Yes, most gamers love to fly around and shoot down other planes with cannons, rockets, missiles. This game has none of that. This game I find appeals to a different group of gamers. They are, from what I have discovered in multiplayer, to be any age group and from any walk of life. These people like me have a real interest in flying. This game is best suited for someone who can enjoy sitting in a simulated cockpit and flying any type of plane in the most realistic fashion. I have found a lot of people on the multiplayer sessions to be actual pilots.

1_thumb.jpg

How different are the graphics in this to the 2004 version. i have it and think that the graphics are fine (but could do with more AA, it can only be on or off not like 2x 4x etc) From your screenshots the graphics look pretty similar, infact almost identical. Also what frame rates did you get with it? So i want to know is this game actually a major overhaul or just more planes?

Good review. :) Can you fly the blackbird ?

As far as I know there is pretty much nothing you can't download as a add in for the game. There is tons of mods for the game so it would be pretty easy to get one for the blackbird I'm sure :)

As far as I know there is pretty much nothing you can't download as a add in for the game. There is tons of mods for the game so it would be pretty easy to get one for the blackbird I'm sure :)

Yes, you can fly almost any type of aircraft. Go to ww.simviation.com to see what can be downloaded. There are hundred different planes, helicopters and other mods. Also planes for 2004 will work for MFS X. As for the Graphics difference, it is not extremely noticeable at first. Where you will notice it is the ground detail. including ships on the water and vehicles on the ground. Overall it is better then 2004. To answer your question Compdude, it is an overhaul of 2004, but mostly in small details. The multiplayer also has live air traffic controls for most games, if another player choses to do so. But to be honest Compdude, I played alot of 2004 and enjoyed it just as much as MFS X.

Frames per second averaged around 13-15

Danner.

Edited by Danner