Formatting video to fit cell phones

cdoggown

Hey kids,

I have an LG Chocolate cell phone. It is supposed to be capable of playing back video. I belive the max resolution on that phone is 240x320, but all my movies are larger. How do I shrink movies to play on my phone? Most of my movies are formatted in MPEG 4, but there are some AVI and MPEG 2 as well.

Thanks,

C

scroll to the bottom and download SUPER: http://www.erightsoft.com/S6Kg1.html

pick a format that your phone supports (3gp, MP4) and select the native resolution of the phone... play around with the bitrates (you'd probably only need like 96-192kbps video and 48-80kbps audio)... i have a few music videos on my phone that are only slightly bigger than an mp3 for the same track

scroll to the bottom and download SUPER: http://www.erightsoft.com/S6Kg1.html

pick a format that your phone supports (3gp, MP4) and select the native resolution of the phone... play around with the bitrates (you'd probably only need like 96-192kbps video and 48-80kbps audio)... i have a few music videos on my phone that are only slightly bigger than an mp3 for the same track

Wow... so many words... so little pictures...

So I hit download and it took me to a new screen where there are a lot of links, but im not sure which to select... there HAS to b e an easier way no?

EDIT: FIgured it out, thanks nrg. My confusion was my fault, being a lazy American does, in fact, have its challenges.

it gets a bit more complicated whether your phone supports H.263/H.264/XviD video codecs, and AAC or MP3 audio codecs and there are various levels of support for each... Super's pretty easy to use though, so if you have any problems, it's not hard to convert a short clip in a few variations of format to see what works or not :)

Hey kids,

I have an LG Chocolate cell phone. It is supposed to be capable of playing back video. I belive the max resolution on that phone is 240x320, but all my movies are larger. How do I shrink movies to play on my phone? Most of my movies are formatted in MPEG 4, but there are some AVI and MPEG 2 as well.

Thanks,

C

your phone is a samsung and will play 3gp video like my L7.

your phone is a samsung and will play 3gp video like my L7.

Oh really? Thats cool. I did format all my clips in 3gp and they play great now, though the Chocolate's frame rate leaves something to be desired... any tips to make the movies play back more fluidly?

Yea i use "SUPER" for all my cell phones have 3 dvd's on my cell phone now.Simply

love it. The "FPS" on the output is fixed in SUPER, may want to try another codec and may

find a better fps setting there.Good Day.

Edited by KILLER_K

Oh really? Thats cool. I did format all my clips in 3gp and they play great now, though the Chocolate's frame rate leaves something to be desired... any tips to make the movies play back more fluidly?

It might be the refresh rate of the LCD screen in that phone, check into that and see what framerate it is capable of supporting.

Well, Verizon says the phone should do 25 FPS. Im estimating that Im getting about 10. Any ideas?

maybe the bitrate of the movie is to high, or the skin on the phone is causing lag... maybe try loading a plaine skin and encoding a movie at a low bitrate and see if those help