Plasma vs LCD - Need help A.S.A.P.

Arkadiy

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I went to Costco saw the picture the TV had (the LCD one) and my mouth dropped. It was standing next to a $3,000 Sony and I would take this one over the Sony any day. And Vizio has been making a name for itself recently and give them a while longer, they will be a big company in the HDTV market. Oh and I saw some of the TVs you guys recommended and this one looked better than most of em. Some of the ones that looked better cost $2k+ and that is WAY to overkill for me. So you guys have really high standards but that isn't me.

You really can't have to much faith in an in store display. The cable could be crap to the TV causing a bad picture the TV's could have their settings tweaked, etc etc

What made the Vizio look better to you?

You really can't have to much faith in an in store display. The cable could be crap to the TV causing a bad picture the TV's could have their settings tweaked, etc etc

What made the Vizio look better to you?

Picture clarity and colors

It didn't have the fuzzyness a lot of the TVs around it had.

Picture clarity and colors

It didn't have the fuzzyness a lot of the TVs around it had.

sounds like it could be a crap cable issue

and did you even bother trying to adjust the settings on the other tv's?

do you know how many people mess with those settings? (i'm saying that they're probably way out of wack)

Edited by sdy284

sounds like it could be a crap cable issue

and did you even bother trying to adjust the settings on the other tv's?

do you know how many people mess with those settings? (i'm saying that they're probably way out of wack)

Even if the other TV settings were messed with, the Vizio looked better than I thought it would so I was happy with that any way. I could've bought one for more money, but this one just looked more than good enough for me.

We have some great and very expensive LCD's at work you put it next to a Plasma they look like crap.....

There is some crappy Plasma's out there that get kicked by an LCD but if you have the money to buy a good Plasma that is the way to go no doubt about it.

As Sdy says Cables and settings are a huge part of making a TV look great.

Honestly if I were you I would go to avsforum.com and see if they have any input for you.

http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/

is great as well

We have some great and very expensive LCD's at work you put it next to a Plasma they look like crap.....

There is some crappy Plasma's out there that get kicked by an LCD but if you have the money to buy a good Plasma that is the way to go no doubt about it.

high5.gif

Ya I saw some amazing looking plasmas but I hear a lot of people having problem with them and especially the whole burn-in thing when playing games on them. I would've probably got a plasma besides a few problems I heard with them, but oh well I love my new TV. :)

I know a cop that has one here. He has had it for over a year now, and all they do is play playstation 3, Xbox, Gamecube and so on all day and night long, and the TV is the best one I have seen to date when watching a movie or TV on it, this thing is just amazing..... :) So far that TV has stood up well for what they have thrown at it.

I know a cop that has one here. He has had it for over a year now, and all they do is play playstation 3, Xbox, Gamecube and so on all day and night long, and the TV is the best one I have seen to date when watching a movie or TV on it, this thing is just amazing..... :) So far that TV has stood up well for what they have thrown at it.

a plasma? or Vizio