Plz Review my build

daniel

Well first of all my budget limit is 1600 bucks.. shipping included... im not planning to overclock here is wut i got

- Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Conroe 2.4GHz 4m

- ASUS P5N-E SLI nVIDIA nFORCE 650 SLI CHIPSET

- Western Digital Caviar SE 16 WD5000AAKS 500GB 7200RPM 16MB

- Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatality Pro Series Sound Card

- OCZ OCZ600GXSSLI GameXStream 600W Power Supply

- OCZ OCZ2P800R22GK 2GB Kit DDR2 PC2-6400 Platinum Revision 2 Dual Channel Memory Retail

- 2X SAMSUNG Black 18X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 18X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2M Cache IDE DVD Burner With LightScribe Technology

- LIAN LI PC-101B Black Aluminum ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

- EVGA 640-P2-N821-AR GeForce 8800GTS 640MB 320-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Video Card

all those components are worth 1600... any recommendations.. will be appreciated

thx,

dan

looks pretty good, im guessing a gamming rig

if i remember correctly though the ocz psus are not the best on the market, maybe go for a better one and drop the case and get a cheaper one?

please correct me if im wrong

i would either go with a 1950xt or something along those line cause by the time DXten games come rolling off the shelf that card might be a little old correct me if i wrong but thats what i think. the ocz power supply might not be enough to fully use a 8800gts if your going to get that card i would suggest a silverstone or a higher output power supply and make sure the rails are caring some good amps. im using the antech p180 case right now and im loving it its pretty quiet and not to heavy and there is a lot of room in there and it will keep everything cool. it uses four 120mm fans so everything on med or low will be pretty quiet with all of them on high its not to bad either mostly its my power supply fan making the most noise it only has a 80mm fan in it.

i would either go with a 1950xt or something along those line cause by the time DXten games come rolling off the shelf that card might be a little old correct me if i wrong but thats what i think. the ocz power supply might not be enough to fully use a 8800gts if your going to get that card i would suggest a silverstone or a higher output power supply and make sure the rails are caring some good amps. im using the antech p180 case right now and im loving it its pretty quiet and not to heavy and there is a lot of room in there and it will keep everything cool. it uses four 120mm fans so everything on med or low will be pretty quiet with all of them on high its not to bad either mostly its my power supply fan making the most noise it only has a 80mm fan in it.

power supply is fine, the 8800gts doesn't use that much power (~150watts max)

any reason why your getting the 650i?

Edited by The Unforgivin

well first of.. it has SLI capability.. so a chance for upgradability is good... also... ive heard nforce is better than intel north bridges... (im not sure about this)

yeah, but what I meant is why you didn't go for the 680i, which is a better chipset overall (OCing) the 650i is a mid-range chip, which won't get as far as a 680i