Whats new?

939 is still the ideal upgrade path for those heavily invested in standard DDR. but if you're going DDR2 it's intel time or bust.

also that asus board is a flaming pile of dung. 1 in 3 sold out of my stores is defective in some way or another (and I've even had 2 bad out of the box on me too... so it's not the customers). between the low demand for AM2 boards and the low quality of that thing it's no suprise that the board was so cheap. $56 is the cost direct from Asus when ordering in quantities of 20 or more

I was torn between 939 and AM2. Especially with the number of quality 939 boards and chips out there. The mem prices were really sky high though. $100/gig, I haven't seen prices like that in a while. I bought top of the line patriot stuff for the previous build for $80/gig (DDR400).

So far, nothing wrong with the Asus M2N-SLI Dx though. Just needed a BIOS flash to work in dual-channel w/ the Corsair I bought. But hey, if you're like me, you KINDA HOPE that SOMETHING goes wrong. After building systems for years, it would be boring if it didn't. I mean, cmon, you guys remember HOW PAINFUL that Win95 upgrade from 3.11 for Workgroups was?

Cheers!

it's a pain when you sell $12,000+ of hardware per store every day, and your tech shop is bogged down with crap like that. Asus is totally hit or miss with thier mobo's lately. A8R-MVP, A8R32-MVP... awsome. A8N-SLI... crap. both designed and produced around the same time... yet so different in thier quality and reliability.