PSP homebrew

capthowdy575

Im looking into getting a psp this weekend and if been wanting to try this homebrew thing iv been hearing about, i had a friend that had all kinds of games on his from system like nes and n64. i also heard you can play ps1 games on the psp to is this true. can anyone help me with this i know i have to have a psp with a 1.5 to do these things. can anyone point me in the right direction or some help would be nice.

I did a Google search for "PSP homebrew" and came up with some forums and sites that specialize in that sort of thing. I would definitely suggest checking some of those places out for more detailed information than you'll get here. :thumbs-up:

Yes there are a lot of things you can do with the PSP homebrew and PS1 games is one of the many possibilities.

And like cash said google is a great start for every thing I have a few good places but I don't know if we are allowed to post things that deal with this type of thing so I won't chance it.

Great place to start on google is PSP hacks or PSP updates any think along them lines will be a great help to you.

I used to be pretty big into the PSP homebrew scene but after beating every PSP game the interested me I sold mine so anything after the 2.5 firmware I dont know. So I would suggest actually trying out a serach engine seeing as the first few hits are everything you need to know (especially this wiki page). Unless you buy used you'll probabaly get a psp with one of the two new mobos (no downgrading or it bricks) so you'll probably have to use a custom firmware.

my mate Jon has a TA-082 motherboard PSP that came with the 2.71 firmware... VERY recently it was made possible to downgrade to 1.5 from this motherboard and firmware... then you get to upgrade to 3.02 OE-A, then 3.02 OE-B

i'd HIGHLY recommend you research into the different motherboard revisions (e.g. TA-082) and the firmwares available, and possibly the fastest way to find out what firmware is on any PSP... so that way, you can demo the PSP you want in store, look at the motherboard number (it's printed somewhere around the umd housing iirc) and then do some kinda thing to show the firmware... cos if you get one with like v2.9 firmware, it's probably not had a solution found for it yet...

This is what my mate says who has a TA-082 v2.71 psp like you:

]04][01[ ]Compxpert[ hmm

]04][01[ ]Compxpert[ its rather simple actully

]04][01[ ]Compxpert[ download OE-A

]04][02[ ]Compxpert[ copy updateflasher, updateflasher%, updatemaker, and updatemaker% to /PSP/GAME

]04][02[ ]Compxpert[ get the 3.02 and 1.50 EBOOTS

]04][02[ ]Compxpert[ rename 3.02 to 302.PBP and 1.50 to 150.PBP and place them in the updatemaker directory on the psp

]04][03[ ]Compxpert[ on the psp run the updatemaker

]04][03[ ]Compxpert[ it will take abit

]04][03[ ]Compxpert[ copy the data.DXAR to updateflasher

]04][04[ ]Compxpert[ and then run update flasher

]04][04[ ]Compxpert[ after its flashed to OE-A download OE-B and create the directory /PSP/GAME150 and copy that to there

]04][05[ ]Compxpert[ and then run it

]04][05[ ]Compxpert[ thats it

]04][06[ ]Compxpert[ I think I should charge ppl to do this for them is so dang easy

Ok here

]04][06[ ]Compxpert[ I think I should charge ppl to do this for them is so dang easy

Funny you say that I actually made close to $100 by just changing firmwares, installing various homebrew apps, and even converting video files :D. Close friends got it done for free thats just the random people that would find me in the halls wanting me to do it for them.