Expanding Foam Case

if you use enough foam you can cut it/shave it/sculp it to something cool...that stuff's pretty solid
Yeah I've used the stuff as body filler on cars before...

I will attempt to sculpt something out of it whenever I get around to it.

My problem is even a simple skull would be past my abilities as a sculptor, so I have to think simpler and maybe just shape it rather than mould anything good out of it on my first try.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I DIDN"T ABANDON THIS!

More work has been done... I guess

I redid the ducting (with some redneck style):

DUCT.jpg

I'm gonna have a filter on the PSU intake and I'm gonna use this grill on the exhaust:

GRILL.jpg

I have to yank a 128 stick from my PC(:() because I seem to only have 64mb and lower sticks left in my stash... :blink:

Everything is pretty much ready to be foamed, I just have to devise a way to form cardboard or something around the (front and rear) ports to keep them free of foam.

Also I need to make a slot for the slimline CD drive because it sits behind the motherboard if you look at this picture:

CDdriveRECESS.jpg

I guess it will add some "flair" to the design, It is gonna be a pain in the arse to keep it from "FOAMING" all around the drive...

Maybe I'll pick up another 1GB USB stick for $15 and do away with the harddrive, anyone think I can do it?

What is the minimum size anyone has installed windows on?

WE SHALL SEE IN THE END...

(and yes I know how old this thread is, I just figured since it is somewhat kind of almost a sort of kind of worklog that I could update it as I went along)

i made one of these :P should i post it?
YES

I will give you $20 for the adapter on your notebook cd drive.
I believe it is a proprietary Compaq "multi-bay" adapter (they may all be the same, I have no idea), I kind of need it for this project though...

UNLESS, I decide to run Linux off of my 1GB USB stick I'll send you the adapter for $20...

I have to get those pics off my camera... here are my specs:

Intel P2

128 or 256 mb of ram (i forgot)

ISA: 56kmodem, audio

AGP: video

PCI: none?

fans: 2 case, 1 CPU

hdd: 10GB?

Drives: CD, FDD

You remind me of myself as you have a horrible "stash" (hehe) and a cheap (no offense) main rig (i did not too long ago use a 733 :lol: )