Terminate Verizon Contract Without Fee

computergee

According this this article I'm now allowed to terminate my Verizon contract with out being charged. I've been wanting to do this for sometime, but I still have until October before my contract ends. I do not want to leave Verizon, I simply want a new phone, but I would have to pay full price. To clear things up, I'm to cheat my way into getting an upgrade, my current phone has a lot of problems, and I have already replaced it once. Verizon offered me the same phone, but since I've had the same model twice with the same problems I don't want the same phone. I was wondering if anyone here with knowledge of Verizons policies, knew whether I would be allowed to cancel my current contract, sign a new contract thus getting a new phone at a discounted rate, while keeping my same phone number.

I did that with AT&T before they merged with Cingular and made a MAJOR change in their contract and even mailed notice to all of their customers. I didn't agree with the change and didn't think that I could do anything about it. But, when I called and told them that they breached the contract I signed they terminated my account with an ETF. I really like Verizon, though, my whole family has it. That makes it a very good deal for me.

You can't even offer to pay the full price of whatever phone you want? Offer to pay what they would normally charge, less the contract discount, or buy an unlocked phone from somewhere else, www.buy.com is good, so ebay...

i work at a radioshack franchise and the owner of this store also owns many Verizon wireless stores, according to him if you take your phone to a corporate store and tell them everything that has ben going on they should replace your phone with just about any model you want and if they say now threaten to leave them for cingular ......... if they still say no call the main offices and get ahold of some one higher up and have them transfer you to tech support (doing so is more likely to get you around all the bull crap) and tell them you want to leave Verizon for anyone else and they will basically do anything you ask them to to keep you as a customer

if your current phone is having problems...get them to replace it, activate your number on an old phone you have laying around, sell your old [the new replacement] on ebay, then buy another one off ebay - then activate that new one on the verizon wireless website. i've done it many times. it works.

i work at a radioshack franchise and the owner of this store also owns many Verizon wireless stores, according to him if you take your phone to a corporate store and tell them everything that has ben going on they should replace your phone with just about any model you want and if they say now threaten to leave them for cingular ......... if they still say no call the main offices and get ahold of some one higher up and have them transfer you to tech support (doing so is more likely to get you around all the bull crap) and tell them you want to leave Verizon for anyone else and they will basically do anything you ask them to to keep you as a customer

Thanks for this, I may try to contact the main offices, we got no where with the local Verizon store, we threatened to switch and everything. They said the only thing they could do is replace with the same phone for $50 or something like that. My mom was steaming lol. As for paying full price, I simply cannot afford that (unemployed highschool freshmen :blush: ).

simply offer to pay the difference. heck they should be fine with that.

or do what I did to cingular. get the craptacular pile of dung and put the sim card in an unlocked phone of your choice. my contract has a razor assigned to it, yet I use and Asus phone.