Need To Upgrade

Burnout

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Id say screw dx10. First off you need Vista for dx10 but you dont need dx10 for Vista. Also it's going to be years and years before dx10 is required to play ( as in you can play them but not with dx10 eye candy). That being said if you can stretch into the $200 range then an x1950pro would be perfect for you. As for the cpu while an upgrade could be beneficial especially with how cpus easily are the bottleneck with higher end gpus I think you'd be better off first upgrading to 2gbs of ram (2x1gb would be your best bet) and then focusing on the cpu.

Ok, well i can easily go into the $200 range.

So you are saying get one more gig of ram to add to my stock gig of ram? Ram isn't that expensive is it? I could probably get a CPU and a gig of ram....

Would it be total overkill for my system to go for anything of higher performance than the X1950pro?

Honestly, I'd say build a new rig, if you can...

That would be your best bet. If you go 939 you could keep your current memory and add on another gig (but if thats 4dimms you'll have to run 2t but thats not a huge performance hit). If you scrap it all you could go Am2 or C2D.

what games do you play? I mean, you could get a huge upgrade from that card for only like $90. People are usually selling 6800 or x700's on here for around $90. Obviously building a new rig is your best bet, but if you aren't demanding a whooooole lot from your computer, a smaller upgrade may be a wiser choice.