$250 For A Monitor, Suggestions?

Lee3188

I need some suggestions, I could spend up to $250, but cheaper would be nice. I would like it to be widescreen and around 19" or so. Thanks.

Just had my brother buy this one.

Samsung 941BW 19' Widescreen

And this one also looks nice. As its practically the same one I have.

Viewsonic VA1912WB-3 19' Widescreen

For the hell of it a few more options.

Samsung 940BX 19' Widescreen

ASUS VW192S 19' Widescreen

All 5MS Response and Greater than or equal to 500:1 Contrast Ratio.

Don't read the reviews at Newegg. :P

Never heard of hanns, but looks okish.

When I reccomend moniters I usually Stick to Samsung, then viewsonic then NEC.

But thats just me. If you like it, buy it.

Thanks for the opinions. What about this MONITOR. It's a little bit cheaper, I like the style of it, and it has 5 eggs out of 580 something reviews. Looks good to me. So how bout it?

I've heard only great things about that monitor. It's been in my sights for a while...My buddy has a 20" widescreen 5ms Samsung and it's awesome. For me, there is a certain monitor that is just right, because if it's any bigger, I wouldn't like it. And that for me, is a 20". It's perfect, but 19" is awesome too.

i got a 200 buck... 22" westing house for xmas.. although i got it on the black friday.. not sure what is the normal price..

btw this monitor pwns... its multifunctional.. it has all the HD plugs and stuff

while I wouldn't take anything away from the samsung, I've found westinghouse LCD's to be great quality and looking monitors. toss in the fact that they're generally CHEAP, and are rebadged Sony's (who also makes Dell and Apple screens). can't knock em at all

Westinghouse eh? Thanks for the tip, I'll look them up right now. Now what about this High Definition stuff. Could I use a HD monitor like a TV? If so, that's definitely something I would be interested in, I love to watch movies on my computer and hook my cable TV up to it, I would get plenty of usage out of that feature.

Edited by Lee3188

Thanks for the opinions. What about this MONITOR. It's a little bit cheaper, I like the style of it, and it has 5 eggs out of 580 something reviews. Looks good to me. So how bout it?

I just purchased that monitor for a friends C2D build. It is one of the nicest pictures I have ever seen. If I didn't own a 21" gateway I would definately pick one up. The picture it gives looks very sharp and I couldn't see any ghosting while playing cs:s. The comments about the flimsy base are rubish too, as long as you take your time putting the base together (10 whole seconds) you will be fine. So ya, another vote for the hanns-g!