A Few Samples

skinny

A few samples. One is a shot of lightning on the prairies in Saskatchewan. The other two are from snowmobiling in the Rocky Mountains.

post-18375-1167920609_thumb.jpg

post-18375-1167920714_thumb.jpg

post-18375-1167920861_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Several answers the the questions asked:

First, the two pics on the snow were with an older Pentax 35 mm SLR, that I didn't realize until after they were developed that I had some settings screwed up (it was a borrowed cam). The others were taken with my Pentax ist*DS. They appearance of lack of focus is due to low light conditions with no tripod. I was out for a hike, and had put the camera away because it was too dark, but couldn't NOT take pictures at that spot. The lighting picture is shaky because, well, have you ever tried to photograph lightning during the day, again without a tripod?

I am not sure why some can see the pictures, and others can't. I haven't had time to upload them to another spot, but I am in the process of cataloguing them all, and will post them elsewhere when thats done, and then just link to them.

Several answers the the questions asked:

First, the two pics on the snow were with an older Pentax 35 mm SLR, that I didn't realize until after they were developed that I had some settings screwed up (it was a borrowed cam). The others were taken with my Pentax ist*DS. They appearance of lack of focus is due to low light conditions with no tripod. I was out for a hike, and had put the camera away because it was too dark, but couldn't NOT take pictures at that spot. The lighting picture is shaky because, well, have you ever tried to photograph lightning during the day, again without a tripod?

I am not sure why some can see the pictures, and others can't. I haven't had time to upload them to another spot, but I am in the process of cataloguing them all, and will post them elsewhere when thats done, and then just link to them.

i hear ya about the tripod issues :lol: , but i once got a photo of lightning without a tripod on an old Fuji FinePix S304 :) was spectacular, as it was so close too! The pic on the snow you might be able to get something out of if you can photo-chop it :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
hey skinny,

nice cat! i got a 99 zr700 with tons of mods on her, going 141 this summer for next year's riding.

Thanks, I have that one (02 MC 800 stretched from 144 to 151), and a 98 Powder Special 600 136. Most of my photography has been snowmobiling, thats the reason I bought the camera and lens that I have.