Office Build

madwizard

For the past few months I have been working on my office build. ( not my sig). I use it for gaming and general use but it's also my test tool to learn about over clocking before I do my home rig in my sig.

I have now added another stick of Ram ( 512 DDR PC 3200 ) that brings me up to one gig of ram. Here are my specks.

Office Rig:

Abit - KV-80 - Main Board.

AMD - Sempron 64 - 2800+ 1.60 GHz - Processor.

Two 512 DDR (PC3200) Ram = 1 gig Ram

60 - Gig Hd - Maxtor - Mastor

20 - Gig Hd - Samsung - Slave.

Radeon 9000 Series Video Card.

500 wat power supply.

Right now I have the processor running at 1723.4 MHz.... Bus Speed - 215.4 MHz.

I'm new to all this and need a little feedback.. Thanks

I am not familiar with the abit, nor am I familiar with the 754 AMDs, but what you need to make sure is to keep the temps in a reasonable range. Anything about 48-50C is too much! I dunno bout the sempron, but setting a divider on that RAM could give you some higher speeds easier, but I dunno how much that would affect your performance.

Your right about that.. :) Got this Abit board cheap and it was a problem child right off the start, but it's my office rig and not my good home rig..

But, I will push it right to the edge... :)

I believe I will have better performance with my home rig. It has a better board and better processor. I just need to add more ram.. May even do that today, but am waiting on a better heatsink for cooling.. :)

why'n't you take some of the RAM from the office rig and stick it into your main rig?

This I plan to do, but need to first get some better cooling set up. I ordered a new heatsink and am waiting for it to come in along with a couple good case fans. I did put that ram in to give me a total of one gig.. but want to wait on the OC when I have better cooling.. :thumbs-up: