Will Wireless Adapter Effect My Gaming?

Just woundering, because i play alot of FSB but i sorta want to move the computer toa different floor and on the opposite side of the house, was woudnering if it was still possible to play First person shooters ok with out latency issues with the wireless network card.

i just want to make sure before i buy one.

I play CSS/BF2/COD2/whatever on a 11mbits wireless crapo USB adapter with 3m of extension cord so it sits in the hallway and has a connection. It really depends how many walls it has to go through, and if its straight going through walls or angled.

You will tend to have a higher ping on wireless compared to a wired connection.

If you are serious about your gaming I would probably try and stick to a wired connection, but it is possible to play (acceptably) over a wireless connection.

You will tend to have a higher ping on wireless compared to a wired connection.

If you are serious about your gaming I would probably try and stick to a wired connection, but it is possible to play (acceptably) over a wireless connection.

I played on the OCC CS:S server without much of a ping and played some other FPS games online with a wireless connection and never had any lagging problems.

It really depends on the hardware you get. If you have a decent router and a good wireless networking card, you shouldn't have any problems.

I live in a house of 3 stories and on the top story is my internet source and I'm all the way down in the basement with a 56mb/s Linksys wireless card. I get pretty darn good ping down here in CS:S, no problems at all.

I play BF2142 with my laptop which has a built in 54G card and have it connect to a linksys wireless G router and get a pretty good ping. When I use my wireless N router it works even better.

But anyways that router should be good since it can go up to 54mbps. Get a 54G wireless adapter for your computer.

• 4 weeks later...