Cheap Computers?

gotdamojo06

Hey guys im looking for some cheap computers to fold on...im looking around $20 a computer, anyone know where i could get some? I know that im going to look when garage sales begin back up in the spring but im looking for sooner

I'm not sure that $20 is a realistic figure for a comptuer capable of completing WUs in a reasonable amount of time.

I do not think so either, for $20 it probably will not even turn on. I use to watch the Frys ad in the paper when they would run a MB/CPU combo cheap and buy 1.8 Durons, 2200s, 2400s, 2700s etc, Then buy the cheapest V.C. Memory and hard drive I could find. You do not have to have a case I have several mounted on a board!

:foldon:

Edited by road-runner

nice, that was going to be my other problem...no case for it, but thats a good point, it does not need a case, or a monitor

<-----EDIT----->

Yeah I have been having problems with f@h lately, dont know whats been going on so i went back to the graphical version which seems to work fine

I played around on Newegg and priced out a rebuilt Socket A mobo with onboard video, a 1.6GHz Duron, 256MB no name memory, FSP cheap power supply, Thermaltake heatsink and a 40GB EIDE hard drive ==> $170. So, anything under $150 would be hard to beat.