Me Needy Camera!

Bionix

I feel like I should have a camera... so, I'll buy one. I'm looking to spend tops, $220? What kind of quality should I expect? and... wait for it.... wait.... okay here it is: What's the best camera to buy? (in my price rrange)

These look solid:

Canon SD600

Sony Cyber Shot DSC-w50

Optical zoom = good

Digital zoom = bad

6Mpixels is plenty for snapshots and such, and you'd probably be just fine with 3 or 4.

If I were you, I'd keep looking at Canon's offerings, along with those of Pentax, Olympus, and Nikon. I have a personal vendetta against all things sony...the other 4 all make solid products, though Pentax typically doesn't get the recognition it deserves.

http://www.dpreview.com/ is a good site to read up on different models and compare them.

I own the Canon SD series, And man its one of the best cams I have ever used. They also make good Camcorders ;)

:withstupid:

I've owned three Canon cameras, bought one for my sister, one for a friend, and have suggested them to everyone who asks me for camera advice and EVERYONE is happy with their purchase.

They're small but powerful and take amazing pictures right out of the box. Do some minor tweaking and you're gold for some beautiful pictures. Plus, you can't beat the price :thumbs-up:

i have the Canon Powershot A75: http://reviews.cnet.com/Canon_PowerShot_A7...l?autoplay=true

i'm not suggesting it, i'm just mentioning it as a testament to how awesome Canon is at producing low/mid-range budget cameras that are very capable of producing high quality pics... i believe jammin has one too and i know he's got some great pics with it...

Powershot is a fairly solid serious overall

Sony has what consumers want...a big LCD on the back, a big number for megapixels, big numbers for zoom. Minolta (my dad shoots great semi-pro photos with a Minolta D-SLR and loves it), Nikon, (some) Canon, and Olympus are out there for the people who care about the final image and quality, not how easy it is to pick up the camera and take a mediocre shot.

i have the Canon Powershot A75: http://reviews.cnet.com/Canon_PowerShot_A7...l?autoplay=true

i'm not suggesting it, i'm just mentioning it as a testament to how awesome Canon is at producing low/mid-range budget cameras that are very capable of producing high quality pics... i believe jammin has one too and i know he's got some great pics with it...

Yep, also have one.. and am very pleased with it. Had it a couple of years now.

The picture quality is good, even though 3.2MP nowadays doesn't seem like much.

I miss the fully manual operation of my old AE-1 SLR, but it does have a good range of control.

Anyway, Canon have been in the camera business for a long time and make cameras for taking pictures primarily (that sounds stupid I know).