Im Looking For A Motherboard

stealth_os

hey guys

I have been looking for a motherboard that will fit an athlon 64, 939 pin, but also fits my agp card (ati x850xt).

I know of a few models, but I havent had much luck finding them online or any retail stores. If anyone is looking to get rid of one, let me know, thanx

-stealth

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ONLY place I know with any of these left is a local ma-and-pa shop.

call 248-559-6932... computer plus. they should still have a few left. regular list price... I dunno. only have the reseller pricing.

So I assume that board is a good overclocker?

Very mixed results with the GA-K8NS©- 939 boards

For my GA-K8NS-939 it loves some CPUs 3000+ venice @ 2.8+, does good with others 3000+ winchester @ 2.48 (compared to a max of 2.6 on the chip in a DFI Infinity NF4), and is ok with some FX-55 San Diego @ 2.94/Opty 165 @ 2.4 (comapred to ~2.7 max in DFI Infinity NF4 SLI).

The GA-K8NSC-939 from what ive heard isnt as good of an OCer, still of the AGP boards you might be able to find it's good.

I've actually been considering selling mine, but as it is now I have a 3000+, FX-55, and two Opty 165s combined with a GA-K8NS-939, Infinity NF4 SLI, and EP-9NPA+Ultra. As you can see I need to get atleast one CPU sold before I go selling off a board :)

I think that I am going to be sticking with the Neo2. If I didn't have such a good video card, I would get another mobo and a new PCI-e card. I just don't have the money to do both.

I still haven't decided on a cooler yet, though. I am disputing between the Big Typhoon VX, Tuniq Tower (that scares me mostly because of it's weight), and an XP-90 w/ Panaflo or Delta fan. Any suggestions there?