2 Computers 1 Wireless Adapter

gotdamojo06

I have a wireless network at my house that has an internet connection on it. I have 2 computers that need the internet, but only one wireless adapter, is there anyway that I could get them both connected to the internet at the same time with only 1 adapter. Like using a network cable going from one computer to the other?

you can set up Internet Connection Sharing on one computer and run XP Network Setup Wizard to have the internet coming in via the Wireless adapter... and share the internet from THAT computer via the LAN port...

then get a CROSSOVER network cable and hook the 2nd computer up, run network wizard if necessary... putting them on the same workgroup is a good idea

reboot both computers... and hey presto... internet

Cool, thanks for the idea, I will have to try that later, but I have homework that has to be done and studing, ya know?

I was going to be running F@H on 2 computers that I dont use anymore, why just have them laying around right?

not even ebay... ebuyer.com does 5m ones for 90p!

90 flippin p for a 5m (16.5') crossover cable!

http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/43779/rb/22563218377

why the hell would you pay like $30 for a network cable when you can get them for the price of a can of coke and packet of crisps?

i guess the moral is, don't buy cables from best buy? i thought the mark-up where i work was silly (it's like 90+ % profit) but even our crossover cables are like maybe 7 or 8 quid for a 5m one...