2 Dead Pixels?

These little "blemishes" kind of look like little gnats inside my LCD. Are these dead pixels? If they are then do dead pixels move? LOL...no really, they moved. Once apon a time they were more near the top :huh: So what do you think? :unsure:

deadpixelstt2.jpg

They're probably those little annoying little flies that appear around summer time. I had about 3 flies get inside my monitor one summers day, they crawled about the screen for a day (tripped me right out, they were like... underneath the text. it's weird). Died overnight. I can still see them, but they dropped right to the bottom of the screen after a couple of days being dead, so it aint bothering me at the minute.

My old laptop which I gave to my parents also has one or two dead flies inside :)

Edited by markiemrboo

Cool markiemrboo, So I can safely assume that my hypothesis was correct. So now I am thinking; "Are these little buggers (Pun intended) ever going away?? Sheesh...they been there for nearly 3 months now :angry2:

*EDIT* What would you suggest on getting them out of there. They had there fun but it's time for them to leave....got enough bugs to tend with (My 4 yr old daughter)

Cool markiemrboo, So I can safely assume that my hypothesis was correct.

Yeah, they look pretty similar :P

So now I am thinking; "Are these little buggers (Pun intended) ever going away?? Sheesh...they been there for nearly 3 months now :angry2:

Mine haven't budged in forever. I guess the only way you're gonna get rid of them is to open it up (void warranty? would rather not) or.... maybe...you could try tapping around the area to see if they move? Or.... violently shaking the monitor :D

Might seem a stupid idea but if you can't get them to move then you might be able to get an RMA if they're 'in the way'?

EDIT: I wonder how they get behind the screen in the first place anyway. Mine has little air vents on the back plastic bit, presumably to let heat escape / air in. Perhaps a hair drier pointed so it's blowing inside the vent thing might make them be blown to oblivion a.k.a the bottom of the screen

Edited by markiemrboo

My dell i6000 has a lot of marks like that around the perimeter of the screen. I've decided to just ignore them, because I think fixing the problem is going to be more hassle than its worth.

It will, however, effect my purchases in the future. Somehow dell is unable to seal the edges of their lcd's. :shrug:

Well..at this point I want them out. I mean, it is not that noticible but it is when you are viewing something like...HEY, like this white box that I am typing in!! not so much in darker colors though. Anyways, I did try the shaking thing but I thought I was just crazy or something thinking that those spots were bugs. So I stopped. LOL!

There is an area back there for ventilation so I am thinking (again) that's how they got in there. I will think more about opening this monitor up. :( Thanks for confirming that I am not <more> nuts thinking that those spots were bugs. :thumbs-up:

dscn0544dk6.jpg

LOL @ markie, you'd be surprised, i wipe the screen down one day, and a new blemish pops up somewhere else :P:bah:

anyways, i believe the bug is inside the panel itself, even if you take it out, i doubt you can pull the panel apart :( Can someone confirm?

Technically you could take it apart and get the bugs out...but if you pulled out the lcd, backlight, glass, w/e else combo board you should be able to use something to blow them out...search google for "homemade projector" and they'll show you the basics of taking it all apart. Just be VERY careful.