Prime 95

dling

just got home and was running 12hrs 50min. with no problems @ 10x290 is this long enourg\ht to sat its stable ?

definetly is, as 8 hours is the magical mark I think, but most people like to run it for 24 hours, but I personally can't be bothered to run it 24 hours, as I only have my laptop to change over to during that time, and it doesn't run any decent games :P

definetly is, as 8 hours is the magical mark I think, but most people like to run it for 24 hours, but I personally can't be bothered to run it 24 hours, as I only have my laptop to change over to during that time, and it doesn't run any decent games :P

brother i fill ur laptop pain, thanks. ;)

Stability is what you are willing to put up with. For me 24hrs plus on prime 95 at priority 10 does the trick. I use my rig for gaming as well as work so i don't want or need reboots and corruption because i didn't put in the rquired time to get it right. Sure my Opteron 148 does 3.15ghz but its stable at 2.91.

you know, i have a group of people who said, if you're the sort who just use your platform for games, just do a loop on 3dmark or something that is heavy on the gaming side.. cos there are times, ppl's pc are rock stable on prime but whenever they game, it crashes.. not sure about the guys here and wheter you would use your opty for that ah, but just wanna digress abit here lah :D

this is true... the maximum system stress test is a 3d benchmark imo... prime 95 can run for 24 hours+ and then 3dmark will fail during a bench...

just think about it... during a 3d bench, you are using ALL of your system barring maybe the harddrives etc... so you are putting the psu under the most strain, and your case will be the hottest it will ever be, the most data is flying around your system through the memory and buses...

something like folding@home AND 3d benching at the same time is what i'd consider a really good test... 24 hour prime should be done anyway since it still IS a solid stability test... folding@home and prime95 is another good'un... then maybe prime and 3d...

the other day i played ut2k4 for 9 hours straight with no breaks... i couldn't test for a shorter time than that! if yer gonna prime, stick it on like custom-blend 75% ram and let it run a day or two... no point in silly little 4-8 hour tests unless it's an intermediate check overnight or something... certainly for the final prime test you have to make sure it can run pretty much indefinitely... 8 hours isn't indefinitely... i've had prime fail after around 18 hours or so...

Edited by hardnrg

So how about Prime 95 and two Instances of SETI running?

Would that do it for ya? :P

<< And Im not a folding Member Im a SETI Member, and 3rd Place on the recent Average Credit list. :O

So how about Prime 95 and two Instances of SETI running?

Would that do it for ya? :P

<< And Im not a folding Member Im a SETI Member, and 3rd Place on the recent Average Credit list. :O

i dont know bout that.. i think if you use SETI or F@H to test the stability of your platform, then you maybe contributing to computing errors on your part.. like what if your platform isnt stable and you stress it out with all that folding.. bound to give out some error right?

Well, I have an overclock of 10 Mhz, and I ran the torture test for 8 hours w/ 2 instances of SETI running. I had it use 1.5 Gb's of RAM so I came back, It said no errors, went and played farcry for an hour and still no problems.

So I Guess not.

BTw: Anyone know if the Berkly Servers are down? I have like 7 WU's waiting to upload..

Nvm, their updating server.