Burning .iso Files....

gotdamojo06

I have an .iso file that I would like to burn to a DVD, yet the .iso file is large, it is 4 GB.

Is there any way that I could compress the file to make it fit on the DVD?

If this is in the wrong spot, you can move it, didnt know where to post it at

It might be the media your using, if your using cheap media try and buy a couple of the more expensive disks and see if it works.

I know you can overburn CDs but overburning a DVD to 6gb doesnt seem possible. Your going to need a dual layer DVD for that.

For $30 PowerISO is a handy-dandy little program. It'll compress an .iso file pretty well. However, I don't know if it'll get the 6 gig file down enough to fit on a single layer DVD, though. Anyway, what software are you using to burn the image that is giving you errors? The 4 gig image shouldn't have any problems burning to a blank DVD. Also, what media are you trying to burn to (brand, DVD-R or DVD+R, etc.)?

I have alcohol 120% and I use that to mount the images, but I would like to burn them to watch them on the tv

they are movies

Since they are movies I would extract the files (using MagicISO) and then open up the files in DVD Shrink. Using DVD Shrink you should be able to compress the files to fit onto a single layer DVD.

The 4gb one shouldnt be a problem but the 6gb one would be.

In the end you should have a bunch of .vob files and then an .ifo file or something. Then you can burn them to a DVD and it should play in your DVD player.