Sound Blaster X-fi Platinum Problem

greenguava

I have just got the Razer Barracuda HP-1 5.1 headset and have figured out that the soundcard isnt outputting anything on the Sub output. It says it outputs the sound on the other channel of the center/sub connection on the back, I get center info but no sub. I have set it for 5.1, but tried 4.1, 6.1, and 7.1 but nothing. I have ruled out that its the headphones, as i can plug in the cord for the center/sub into the front speaker jack on the card and get lots of base. Any ideas??

Thanks a lot :)

do you have Bass Redirection enabled? it routes the bass (sub) output to the front left/right... sounds like it might be the problem?

Where would i do that? i have the software that i downloaded from their website. Ive been through all the setting in it but dont see anything about Bass Redirection, although that totaly could be the problem.

The software i have is the Creative Audio Console.

Creative.JPG

Edited by greenguava

mixeruw3.gif

click on the speaker button at the bottom without the plus...

speakersettingsni1.gif

and if you are using a multi-channel setup, you should be able to enable/disable bass redirection... i only use a quadrophonic setup, as my sub is part of the front L/R

note: you can save to GIF or JPEG, and end up with pictures a fraction of the size of BMP... mine are something like 3% the size of yours... also mine are in my post, not attached... not everyone can download 600K images that fast... it's also a nuisance even if you have a fast connection...

Edited by hardnrg

All Installation CD ISO images for Creative Sound Cards

http://www.youp-pax.org/viewthread.php?tid...;extra=page%3D1

Modified drivers for A2 and X-Fi

http://www.youp-pax.org/viewthread.php?tid...;extra=page%3D1

i recommend downloading and burning the originals just so you have them, and then downloading and installling the modified drivers instead as they are better than the stock ones :)

what makes the modded drivers so much better than the OEM's?

I remember using the stock drivers for the A2ZS, they're horrible compared to the aftermarket ones. They crash and cause BSOD and they generally sound just wrong. The true potential of the card is unlocked by using the correct drivers. ;)