• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't visit the front page :P

But I found this out from another source :P

It's interesting, but I don't think anyone will be getting a PS3 just to add it to their folding farm ;)

i know you dont visit the front page & i visited your other source after i already posted this

but people may choose ati cards over nvidia's if they can fold on ATi & can't on nVidia ;)

not sure if many people would know at all really, let alone fold while playing games etc.

i'm still puzzled why sony showed a "working prototype" PS3 the other day but refused to actually power it on because of a "secret feature"...

not sure if many people would know at all really, let alone fold while playing games etc.

i'm saying for the certain percentage of people who DO fold, if they're in the market for a new GPU, i would say that they're more likely to buy ATI now

perhaps, but then we see that ati have scrapped their plans to effectively better futre intel based chips too, which forces consumers to make a choice. if they already have an intel processor and supported mobo, they will steer clear of ati as they are not going to perform as well. if they have an amd processor and supported mobo, then perhaps they will.

i'm just saying that it seems interesting to me what with the amd+ati/intel debate too.

Sounds interesting I didn't know that a GPU could be used for other things like this. I thought they could only proccess grathics.

But anyway even if I had a PS3 or ATI card I don't think I would run F@H home on them because I don't think that there made to run at a 100% load 24/7. Since GPUs get hot all that heat all the time doesn't seem like the card would last long or the PS3.

Sounds interesting I didn't know that a GPU could be used for other things like this. I thought they could only proccess grathics.

But anyway even if I had a PS3 or ATI card I don't think I would run F@H home on them because I don't think that there made to run at a 100% load 24/7. Since GPUs get hot all that heat all the time doesn't seem like the card would last long or the PS3.

and we all know that the PS2 was pretty fragile. they always break quite randomly and the new PS3 ... well ... i've not read about sony sprucing up their reliability and durability. i would imagine with such powerful processing capabilities that folding would kill them! :lol:

and we all know that the PS2 was pretty fragile. they always break quite randomly and the new PS3 ... well ... i've not read about sony sprucing up their reliability and durability. i would imagine with such powerful processing capabilities that folding would kill them! :lol:

:huh: I got one of the very first ps2's from the very first shipments that the best buy recieved way back when PS2 was released & i've put a ton of hours on it, left it on for days...and i've never had a problem with it. and i've never done anything to try and prolong its life

while the ps2 isnt the discussion, its still a bit relevant - how about a quick look on ebay for ps2's for "spares and repair" or "broken laser replacements".

the ps2 was plagued with laser problems. a quick look on google shows that you were one of the lucky ones sdy