Choosing A 24" Lcd Under 1k

Scratch

I am having a hella time finding a nice 24" LCD

I am looking at the BenQ, Acer, and Samsung

Acer AL2416WD 24IN Wide Screen LCD Silver 1920X1200 1000:1 6MS 0.27MM VGA DVI-D Monitor

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku...anufacture=Acer

BenQ FP241W 24IN Wide LCD Black 6MS 1920X1200 1080P 800:1 300CDM VGA HDMI Pivot DVI-D W/ DVI Monitor

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku...anufacture=BENQ

UltraSharp 2407FPW 24.0-inch Wide Flat Panel LCD or the 2405FPW if I can find one for sale somewhere

http://accessories.dell.com/sna/productdet...mp;sku=320-4335

or wait for this Samsung 225BW 22" widescreen monitor that is supposed to have the latest in graphics and tech support for gaming, DVD etc??

samsung 244t, i just purchased one, after reading many reviews. I've heard of some people having problems with it and gaming, but it has great color reproduction. I'll have to see when i get it.

don't know anything about 225bw but the 205bw uses a panel that isn't the best for color. dvd watching and gaming are probably fine, but if you want something for picture editing you should probably look for something thats either s-pva or s-mva.

this is a good link with lots of info.

http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview.as...p;enterthread=y

get the 2407FPW! its HUGE.

My bro got his UltraSharp 2407FPW for $700brand new.

www.gotapex.com scroll down a little and theres a 24" for $703 i think. :)

Check that place out, it always has good deals and coupons on dell monitors & other things.

Edited by epikz

yes the Dell had a banding issue and was supposedly fixed with AO2 revision

please remember I am in Canada so Dell.com prices won't affect me

I am looking at the monitor at Dell.ca and it is currently 9++ so am waiting for a price deal as it seems that is the best gaming/DVD widescreen monitor for its size, price and panel make that I can currently find

even the a02 revision by dell has some issues with banding. it seems the monitor is made from a couple different panels. And some panels have problems with banding even with the a02 firmware revision. probably not very noticeable if all you are going to do is play games though.

sykocus, I do a nice amount of web design which relies on me making graphics, and staring at different colors all the time...

I also have a monitor tester that lets me stare at gradients and solid colors and other things...

I can tell you there is no banding on my Mexican A02 revision panel.

Hell, I don't have any pixel problems either.

And I'm not just lucky...

But, I would rather have some very minute color banding that is non interfering than serious input lag that makes gaming impossible.

thanks for letting me know.

you can search google and find there are still some issues with banding on that screen. to save money dell often switches panels in the same model monitor. I never said the 244t was a good monitor for gaming. Hey look, I even said the opposite.

since we are talking about ourselves:

I edit high resolution photographs and would rather better color reproduction then....anything.

Why are you using an LCD then?

I was under the impression you could only use a CRT for that.

And, the Canadian Costco is still $750 USD IIRC.

And...It's always used the same panel. :blink: It had nothing to do with that, it has to do with some chip that does something. They didn't completely fix it though.

And, if you are going to game, you cannot with the 244t. If you absolutely want a Samsung panel, wait for the 255t or whatever their new 24" monitor will be. It is supposed to have fixed all the issues with the 244t.

Samsung and Sony are supposed to be the best panel/monitor makers. Veiwsonics are Samsung (or Sony, I forgot which) panels. Then there is LG, which makes the panels for the Apply Cinema Screens and Dell's screens.

Right now, Dell is the best choice for under $1k.