2gigs For Gaming

Ok I went about 5 pages back to see if this has been brought up but I hope it hasn't.

I would love nothing more than to play battlefield 2 with semi-max settings on and have no choppiness with pings of fewer than 100. As stated numerous times in the memory boards you pretty much need 2gigs of ram do accomplish this. So with that said I need some advice on good ram to buy for my 'old school' nf3 DFI 250-Gb. I would also like to get dual channel ram (if it

The Stuff I have is wonderful Althought it's quite some money... 200 for 1 Gig

If you want I have the G.skill Extreme TCCD pc500.

Maybe get 2 sets of that and you'll be good or maybe go with a 1 Gb X 2 set from G.skill....

Unfortunately, socket 754 will not support dual channel and is limited to 3 dimms with that chipset. Dual channel simply requires 2 (or 4) sticks of the same memory and a mobo that will support it. So, the only way to go would be two 1 gig sticks. For the most part, I'd just try to find any PC3200 with good timings (the PC4000 timings are generally really loose). I'd either go with some G.Skill, OCZ or Mushkin.

I'm getting mixed signals here. I know my mobo doesn't support dual channel ram. Can you use dual channel as single? A lot of the egg links have still been for dual channel ram?

There's a sale this weekend at the egg, should I be interested in THIS?

Edited by BoyBandsMustDie

I'm getting mixed signals here. I know my mobo doesn't support dual channel ram. Can you use dual channel as single? A lot of the egg links have still been for dual channel ram?

There's a sale this weekend at the egg, should I be interested in THIS?

Your motherboard will support ram that runs on dual channal but it will just run it on singal scince your motherboard does not support it. I would reccomend getting PC4000 ram if your going to start overclocking with a new system in the future.

does anyone have anything to say about the new Crucial Ballistix? The guy's review said he hit 280mhz

Also can anyone tell me the difference between the redline series and These?

I'm trying to stay around $300 but I'm sure I can 'splurge' if I find somthing thats worth it.

2 questions, besides 56 pins whats the difference between 184 and 240 pinned ram? Also can the Crucial ballistix 2GB kit run in dual channel?

<edit> Their website says thier banking in DUAL, so maybe just the 1st questions now :P<edit>