Hey Guys Im New :)

OnETeN

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good catch but he recommended a Mobo with that Vid card to compensate or match it up. Keep looking and make sure you read up on the part you are interested in. Don't be quick at the check out lane. There is sooo much information and highly knowledgable Guys and girls here that are willing to help. I have to get some sleep, I have been here all day. I'll check baqck tomarrow on your progress. Good-Luck and I hope you find exactly what you're looking for. (And don't listen to that salesmen either)

Another thing that you should not skimp on is the PSU :rolleyes: (You guys missed on that part LOL).

ah yes...forgot bout that...

probably want 400-500watts depending on what you want to upgrade...

i'm gonna suggest you get..

AMD Athlon 3000+ (939)

by the sounds of it you'll want... Gigabyte/MSI mobo..

6600GT/6800/7800/x800xl...or what ever you can afford..

g.skill 1GB (512x2) dual channel

just something off the top of my head.... i wont know exactly until you set a spending limit on your upgrades.....

ah yes...forgot bout that...

probably want 400-500watts depending on what you want to upgrade...

i'm gonna suggest you get..

AMD Athlon 3000+ (939)

by the sounds of it you'll want... Gigabyte/MSI mobo..

6600GT/6800/7800/x800xl...or what ever you can afford..

g.skill 1GB (512x2) dual channel

just something off the top of my head.... i wont know exactly until you set a spending limit on your upgrades.....

That would be a good set-up for him but I know he said he wants to go cheap (Like most of us). And YESS FxXP, let's not forget about that very important component. The PSU!!.

There is sooo much information and highly knowledgable Guys and girls here that are willing to help.

Celt needs to get her arse in gear and get some more girls on here... she said she would :rolleyes:

i dunno, she's probably just playing WoW and twiddling her thumbs these days... :P

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Se...21824&CatId=318

ok thats gotta be right for my mobo, what do you guys think? its looks better than that 40$ one they got for sale there and i can afford it if i dont get a new mobo but this psu, ill look them up :) thanks guys

There ya GOOOO!!...well done. Ok guys..what's your advice on this card. Help him. I personally think he would be good with that card until he can afford to get an 7800. Furthermore; I don't want him to go back to that "salesmen". :ph34r:

*EDIT* Yea Hardnrg! where the hell is that girl. She must me still recovering from her BIG B-Day bash. Either that, she's got some visiters that refuses to leave her party..LOL

the 6600gt will be a HUGE improvement over your mx4000 without breaking the bank. You can then get another 512mb of RAM (or a 2x512mb of faster ram) and still have money to put towards getting a new cpu/mobo down the line.