Raptor X

So I was over there reading some reviews on some stuff. Some was old and some I already knew. I stumbled onto this Raptor X HDD review. I thought; "ok..this looks interesting, let's read". Got done and seen the DECwakeboarder had commented on this "eye-catchy" HDD. Here's what he said;

Comment By: DECwakeboarder. Posted: January 16, 08:21 AM

I see this being a pretty big flop...it looks cool and all, but who actually has their HD in a spot to where you could see that window?

I agreed to this comment and went about my business. Then I accidently stummbled on this PIC

Anyways...Thought I share my findings on that.

Nice finding. i like the new hdds but its true, no one will have a case to display it but I expect when btx has arrived properly and everyone starts changing to it there will be plenty of cases around like that one you have found. One that displays the hdd. Then again, anyone with any all acylic case could easily show off the new hdds.

I don't understand why they're wasting R&D money on such nonsense. Why can't they take the money it took to design and manufacture these useless things and throw it into holographic storage research or a way to keep hard drives from failing as often as they do.

it's about modding. 5 years ago if people didn't start cutting out windows for their case then there won't be a point to all the leds, ccfls, colorful wire sleeves, uv reactive motherboards, etc that we have today. peopled started modding their cases, and companies started making more products for them to use, and people modded their cases more to use the products in different ways.

no one most people aren't going to buy this hd and stick it in their case as is. they're going to mod their case to show it off...thats the whole point, and it seems most people are missing it. people have been modding their own hd's and cases to show off a HD with a clear cover over it for a long time. It's nothing new, WD has taken out the possibility of killing your HD and is charging you a premium price for it.