Power Supply Temp 114 C?

i've just realized that my psu unit is running at 114 C i know that there is probably a sensor error becuase it does not seem that hot.................

is there any way that i can check.

BTW i have an generic power supply that came with my case...

\may explain the loud fan noise??

I dount it is that hot.

Put your hand behind the psu and see if the air coming out is burning your hand.

616789[/snapback]

i know that it is not hot!!

but i dont know how to fix it

the fans on my computer are being d so loud and i think it is because of the psu

do you guys know of any way to fix it??

First you have a crapy psu, and there is no way to control the fan speeds. If you want you can open up your psu and put in a better fan, or run the fan on 7v instead of 12v.

The the easiest thing to do is get a better psu, becuase if that thing craps out then all your components might too.

First you have a crapy psu, and there is no way to control the fan speeds. If you want you can open up your psu and put in a better fan, or run the fan on 7v instead of 12v.

The the easiest thing to do is get a better psu, becuase if that thing craps out then all your components might too.

616795[/snapback]

okay thanks, sorry if i was an a**hole

but i was just wondering if i could fix the senor since im short on cash :withstupid:

Well it is safe to assume that your psu is running much colder than that, and because your fans are thermally controlled and are stuck at that speed now, what you can do is open it up and wire the fans in a different configuration to slow them down. IT is poossible to run it at 7v/5v or 12v.

Im not too sure what the config for 5v is, but for 7v it would be:

black

open

open

red

|\  where black is the top
| |
|/ and red is bottom

Well it is safe to assume that your psu is running much colder than that, and because your fans are thermally controlled and are stuck at that speed now, what you can do is open it up and wire the fans in a different configuration to slow them down.  IT is poossible to run it at 7v/5v or 12v.

Im not too sure what the config for 5v is, but for 7v it would be:

black

open

open

red

|\

whimp, instead of hitting "reply" on the last post, hit "add reply" at the end of the thread...

"reply" generates quotation code... and you don't need to quote every post, at least not the entire post...

that's the difference... if you don't like all the extra stuff on "add reply" you can just hit "fast reply" instead... my personal favourite :)