2x 7800gt's Or 1x 7800 Gtx For This Rig..

i would say 1 7800gtx and then grab another one after a while after saving up some money.

but if you HAVE to go with something now go with the two 7800gts.

612249[/snapback]

:withstupid: I agree with airman here. You can get one 7800gtx now and then once you have saved up some more money get another one later on.

woah hang on....this is for your fiance..and she plays games? your fiance' plays PC games?

.....she got a sister?

:)

jk

seriously tho i might go with the GTX card like others have suggested, and get another later on when you get the cash. but heres another option: spend more money at the beginning.

think about going for the dual GPU on a single card variant.. The Asus extreme N7800 GT dual-graphics card. http://www.hothardware.com/viewarticle.asp...cleid=736&cid=2 for the review. so with this card youre going with 40 pipelines apart form the 48 on a dual card setup, and as a result this card is still only "a few frames per second off the dual card" price rumored to be north of $800...200 less than a dual 7800 gtx setup. so you can transfer data over an sli setup or to the chip next door instead. that makes up for the majority of the pipeline loss. (as of yet, no dual sli for this card yet...some bios thing for now) but although limited production. its a sign of the things to come...it will be here sometime soon.

Edited by robAP