Sharing Printer On Me To Xp Help?

excetara2

I am trying to set up a network for a friend. One is a ME computer desktop with wireless card and printer. The other is XP laptop with wireless card. They will share files between each other and it works both ways. If I try to print to the printer which is shared and says it works. It acts like it prints from the XP machine. It doesn't print anything. IT says it is shared. Anyone had this problem and know what to do to fix it? Thanks for any help.

make sure that the drivers are added on the computer trying to print over the network --- open My network places - open the computer icon with the printer installed to it - click on the "Printers" icon -- u should get some windows confirming the addition of the printer -- click OK and u should be set :) ya might hafta have the printers driver disk handy

I did. I used the disk when I installed the network printer. I put on the right files. I guess I cant try again. I don't know if the ME computer( the one with the printer ) has the XP drivers. It acts like it prints. It just doesn't go through to the other machine. Would it matter that both are wireless?

Do you have any firewalls running, such as Norton Internet Security? That has triped me up before. Try disabling the firewalls. Also, you may was to install the IPX/SPX protocol, sometimes it does the job.