Barebone Laptop?

Fanatic

Anybody no where to get a barebone laptop system. I am kinda curious about building one, but I can not kind find basic componets. Like a case/screen for example.

not so true clay. Uniwill and Asus have some low cost ones that aren't too heavy at all. I have a uniwill Turion notebook that goes in the truck with me to hook to the diagnostic port. little bugger was about $800 all said and done and weighs under 5lbs

Hmmmmm, contradictory views. I know this sounds funny, but would you happen to remember where you got it from Big Red? I looked in a few places and could not find just the case/screen by themselves. It said barebones, case/screen only, but when I looked at it in detail the crapin' thing was already built.

closest you're gonna get in a "barebones" laptop is going to include the motherboard, with sound, video, lan, and things like that. it's a fact of life you're stuck with since each motherboard for laptops is designed around teh case. it's not like building a desktop system at all.

you can choose your CPU, ram, hard drive and an optical drive (of course this also has to come form approved and usually availible models from the manufacturer of the laptop chasis).

I ordered mine thru tech data, who gets them from Asus or Uniwil directly.