Fs: Opteron 148 Cabye

wootas

Well I just bought this processor about 3 weeks ago to build my new rig, paid 235 for it as an OEM, got lucky and it was a cabye 542. I removed the IHS on this processor to get the best possible temps I could with my setup. The chip is in 100% perfect condition, and the IHS removal couldn't possibly be any cleaner. I've had some pretty good luck overclocking this chip on my sli-dr. Attached is a screen shot from a few days ago while I was overclocking to get my results into the opteron overclocking thread. 3000 mhz occt stable, keep in mind this was also running a 1/2 divider with crappy pc 2100 ram. The reason I am selling this chip is because I know they are getting hard to find, so not only would I like to help someone out, but I'd like to try out a 165 dual core and see how well I can overclock one of those chips. Buying my processor also relieves the stress of someone that is nervous about removing the IHS themselves and destroying the chip. It's all set to go.

As I said, it hasn't even been 3 weeks since the first day I got my new rig running, and the processor is in perfect condition.

I'm looking for 200 for this or best offer. First person for 200 gets it.

Thanks!

edit: adding screenshots I forgot last night

Edited by wootas

I don't understand why removing the IHS is so great.  Also, how do you get the heatsink to seat properly?

608573[/snapback]

Drops the temps a bit more.

You can use a coppor plate in it's place to help with heat transfer... or just file down the heatsink mount. Your choice. See this link for details

Edited by Xinul

if you can't sell it on here, you'll have no problem selling it on ebay... mine went for like $400 and $450 each :D

big number screenies helped... also i sold when the uk had none available anywhere for like a whole month so that might've swung the odds for me hehe