New Speakers Or New Card?

dshiznit1

Ebay, if you dare. But I say get it from headroom, one of the best places on the net to buy headphones, period. And by the way, the x-mistique is only good for it's DD encoding capabilities. In terms of listening via hi-fi headphones, once again the revo blows it away. And the revo isn't even close to being #1 as a headphone source! Just one of the cheaper and better alternatives.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The HD555s are $150 at headroom.

I found them for $97 at comp-u-plus.

I think $50 is worth the "risk" (if there is one). ResellerRatings gives them a below-average score, but $50 is $50. :lol:

Edited by Bleeble

Yea I have been looking around and I think the best bang for the buck is going to be the HD 485 when they get back in stock at zip zoom fly.

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetai...ductCode=286038

Also, they have the HD555 for $112 which is one dollar more that comp u plus (w/ shipping) but is more reliable so I guess ill think about that, but thats just a lot more money.

yeah, but the 50 dollars easily covers the service quality from headroom. I doubt comp-u-plus will allow you return it because you "dont like the sound characteristics" ;)

608744[/snapback]

I guess you've got a point there. I bought my car stereo from Crutchfield, even though they weren't the cheapest, because of their great service and all that jazz.

EDIT: Headroom doesn't have a stupid restocking fee like most stores too.... hmmm... maybe it's worht the extra 50 after all lol

I hope prices really go down in the next month, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Edited by Bleeble