Which Program Best Measures A System's Cpu Temp

UkJenT

Hi guys,

I built my first rig two weeks ago, MSI NE4 MB w/ a Athlon 3500, and a eVGA 7800GTX, and well.. the temperture listed under my "Core Center" program listed my CPU temps between 29 - 35C and it would only surpass 40C when I loaded a game like WarCraftIII. But now I feel like my program is acting up because I'm just surfing and my temps are now between 40 - 55C. Strange to me I feel. I applyed Artic 5 thermal paste and i have a Zalman fan in place. hmmm. Strange that the temperature is suddenly so high. Any help would be appreciated. I'm looking for a program that would better measure my CPU temp. Thanks.

I remember seeing something about the "Cool "n" Quiet" software on here. I think people said it should be disabled. I don't quite remember. I'll do a search.

Edited by UkJenT

well you could check for dust, thats the only thing i think could effect temps but 2 weeks? i wouldent think that would be a issue. if your realy wanting acurate temps then i suggest geting a tempature prob, they are way more acurate then a mobos integrated sensor will be

Hi guys,

I built my first rig two weeks ago, MSI NE4 MB w/ a Athlon 3500, and a eVGA 7800GTX, and well.. the temperture listed under my "Core Center" program listed my CPU temps between 29 - 35C and it would only surpass 40C when I loaded a game like WarCraftIII. But now I feel like my program is acting up because I'm just surfing and my temps are now between 40 - 55C. Strange to me I feel. I applyed Artic 5 thermal paste and i have a Zalman fan in place. hmmm. Strange that the temperature is suddenly so high. Any help would be appreciated. I'm looking for a program that would better measure my CPU temp. Thanks.

I remember seeing something about the "Cool "n" Quiet" software on here. I think people said it should be disabled. I don't quite remember. I'll do a search.

604040[/snapback]

yeah go ahead and disable the cool and quiet, it'll slow down your cpu fan to prevent noise and it will only speed it up if your cpu temp hit say 55c, so disable it to make you fan run at full tilt

I have an MSI board also, and I found the MSI Core Center to be a little lacking. I recommend using Everest, which unfortunatly has just left the freeware market.

Fortunatly you can still download the freeware home edition here.

I'd give it a try, it's kind of like cpu-id and temp monitoring rolled into one.