Xmas For My Bro

swifty11212

ok guys, im looking @ newegg, ill check out ZZM later, but heres what im doing. im looking to replace my lil bros 9000pro with a better card, i was thinking of a 6800 but i dunno if i can still open the pipes if nvidia did destroy the extra 4 on the 6800. otherwise ill probably see if he gets a 6800gt instead.

what about unlocking a GTO/GTO2?... seems pretty high success rate and decent price atm...

596692[/snapback]

wait, most x800 series for agp i find on NG is virtually non existant, and on ZZM, inflated and sold out. and i thought only the gto2 unlocked, thanks for pointing them out.

the gto2 is most easily found on pci-e. i have the x800gto1 128mb agp and it is a noticeable difference from my 9800pro. so even that would be a good investment (i went from the gf3 ti500 to 9000pro to the 9800pro to X800GTO)

i guess ill settle with this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16814102608 my neo2 rig has my x800xtpe, but thers a problem where it fails to respond after the monitor cuts off after like 20 min or so. he wont need that much power anyways considering we play the same games. yeah, i guess i got the video card, now to replace my corsairs that went bad with another top of the tccd line g.skill fx series ram for my neo2 rig :P

I like Nvidia. Keep the ATI cards all to yourselves. Get a 6800 GT.

597016[/snapback]

sorry but a 6 series card really isnt worth it, this is comming from a 7800gtx user :P and i was the one asking for what to pick not what was your preference...