From The Beginning!

So here it is a Friday, I have decided that the best plan at this point for me is to mod from start to finish.

In this forum I plan to discuss a wide range of mod's, including a monitor paint job, a case paint job, an upgrade from two older machine's to one solid core system, and any mods the come up along the way! I find it bothersome that all of these older forums do not include the images and info about where they are starting from and where they want to go and a solid update of their progress.

My Below image is the current work space and equipment that i have. My systems is as follows...

;)

3 X NEC accuSync LCD 5v Monitors

1 X 17inch DELL D1025TM Sony Trinitron Monitor

1 X AltecLansing 2.1 Speaker System w/ Sub

1 X APC 900 Watt UPS

I hate this fact please forgive... :ph34r:

~Primary System

Dell OptiPlex GL260

1.6Ghz P4

1GB RAM

40GB Western Digital Cavar

250GB Western Digital Cavar

Sony DVD+RW 16X Dual Layer

LiteOn 52X CD-RW

AGP Matrox Millennium G450

PCI Trident CyberBlade-XP

External USB 40GB Western Digital Cavar

20GB iPOD

HP iPAQ 2760

:blush:

~Secondary System

60$ case from Compusa (Hate them BTW

Dual PII MoBo with 450 Mhz processors with 512 FSB's

512Mb of RAM

3 X 40GB Western Digital Cavar's

4GB SCSI Western Digital Cavar

LiteOn 52X CD-RW

LiteOn 52X CD-Rom

ATI Radeon 32Mb AGP

ULTRA Modular PSU 600 Watts

UV and Blue Cold Cathods

:thumbs-up:

My Task's:

Paint my Wife's Monitor a Great Canary Yellow to match her keyboard and mouse.

Acrylic Window in the Dual PII case

Painting of the 3 LCDs and the Dell Monitor Black with a Silver Stripe Running From Bottom Left to Top Right.

I want to add Lights to the Desk But i dont know what to do in the arena, I know what i want it to look like but i don't know how, Details as they come.

When i get the parts and New case, the Board from the Dell will go into the PII case and will get Watercooled (test Rig). to then be retro'd into the new Rig!

As well as anything else that come to mind.

denacopoliez1134012483new%20Work%20Space.jpg

Ok, 1300 here and I just got back from the exchange (and subway :D) but I got

2 X cans of Canary Yellow Krylon Fusion

2 X cans of Black Krylon Fusion

2 X cans of Acrylic Clear Coat (Krylon)

1 X can of Metallic Silver (Krylon)

After dinner tonight I will post iicts and instuctions on how to disassemble, tape off, and paint one of the monitors. I will give picts from start to coat number one hopefully tonight or tommorow AM!

Edited by denacopoliez

that desk set-up is so awesome - really like the glass and the monitor level shelf

593362[/snapback]

The Desk Comes from Eurway a "european" furniture store. (Actually in Texas) Pretty awsome that shelf is actually part of the desk, very convient. One of the best 7 days i have every spent was waiting on the thing to arrive. Thank you BTW!

gallery_18072_170_34262.jpg

This monitor (see above)that I am going to be working on has never been used infact I just pulled it out of its wrapper. As you can see its your standard (arg) beige. (why in God's name that was such a popular color?) So I am going to remove the panels.

gallery_18072_170_73160.jpg

gallery_18072_170_730.jpg

First I place the monitor face down on its screen and remove the 5 screws that hold the back cover on to the front and the frame. Ocne the cover is off you will find 4 more screws holding the tube to the front cover and 2 for the "mainboard." Remove these and carefully take the tude and the main board elseware, my wife helped me with this as they are not easy to move together.

gallery_18072_170_64658.jpg

Once that is done you will have all of the parts of plastic to be painted. ...

gallery_18072_170_26340.jpg

Please note that i have removed all of the buttons and the led so that i can paint them seperatly and not fuse them with the case....

More to follow tommorow...

Edited by denacopoliez

nice dude. i look forward to seeing it done.

oh and WARNING LABEL to any noobs reading this

dont touch anything on the inside of a monitor, the capacitors in there have enough charge to kill a human instantly. so, if you die, dont come back haunting us saying we didnt warn you. cuz we did warn you.

The Desk Comes from Eurway a "european" furniture store. (Actually in Texas) Pretty awsome that shelf is actually part of the desk, very convient. One of the best 7 days i have every spent was waiting on the thing to arrive. Thank you BTW

I've seen the same exact desk at staples. Its only about $150 if you can swing it.

Looks great though with the LCDs.

I've seen the same exact desk at staples. Its only about $150 if you can swing it.

Looks great though with the LCDs.

593822[/snapback]

The Desk at Staples is not the quality as the one that i got, thats one actually isnt tempered glass on the top and will break if you are not careful. for 50$ more why not go all the way? :ph34r:

The store that i got this one is Eurway and the link there will take you to the desk.. I have stood on this desk I doubt that you could do that with the one at staples.

So here it is Saturday and the painting will comence shortly, More to follow.

Ok, So here we are a few hours later and i have good news and bad news.

gallery_18072_170_102484.jpg

Its fun, I am high, and i ran out of paint... arg, had to go back to the store.

I got more paint and i started to finish the first few coats, to my interest the Fusion has a bit of texture with this color Sunbeam. Notice the texture below.

gallery_18072_170_17654.jpg

So thats great I guess the Satin clear coat seems to reduce that a bit but my wife isn't going to lan with that PC so I guess that I am ok! The "DEAWOO" and the "Low Radiation" worried me at first they seemed not to get cover up. but after about 10 layers it was all good as you can see below.gallery_18072_170_54187.jpg

gallery_18072_170_64946.jpg

The main cover came out nicely too.

gallery_18072_170_52549.jpg

The small pieces came out the best, as you can tell by the buttons and snap in panels.

gallery_18072_170_2032.jpg

The base lookes the best. See how glossy the satin made it.

gallery_18072_170_9757.jpg

Well there they all are. I left them to dry, hopefully by tommorw they should be dry enough to assemble.

gallery_18072_170_54187.jpg

A few tips,

- Take your time.

- Spray from about a ruler length away.

- Lots of coats looks better than one thick Coat!!!!

- Have Fun!

Edited by denacopoliez

looks like a nice mod. (OT): i have the same desk, i tried putting my monitors up there killed my neck, how do you manage?

594650[/snapback]

The monitors are at the perfect hight for me right at eye level. But i also have an old wooden school teachers chair instaid of an office chair...

you didnt say your grafix card for 3 monitor setupm and did you say your running it off a p2?!. dude dont let a triple setup got waste get a new computer!

594674[/snapback]

~Primary System

Dell OptiPlex GL260

1.6Ghz P4

1GB RAM

40GB Western Digital Cavar

250GB Western Digital Cavar

Sony DVD+RW 16X Dual Layer

LiteOn 52X CD-RW

AGP Matrox Millennium G450 - - - - - - Dual VGA Out

PCI Trident CyberBlade-XP - - - - - - Single VGA Out

External USB 40GB Western Digital Cavar

20GB iPOD

HP iPAQ 2760

Ok Kids, Here it is the Final Picts, got home from Duty this Morning and put it all together, The buttons gave me a hard time to much paint on them and around the holes but Exacto fixed that.

gallery_18072_170_27976.jpg

As you can see the color is a bit off but it's cool she likes It! "How many other People have A Monitor Like This!"

Our Cozy Office!

gallery_18072_170_10266.jpg

Edited by denacopoliez