Anyone Know...?

galla2k4eva

:angry2:

Just put together a new system and all seems to be working okay apart from the display. On the POST screen there are strips of letters that are blue, in the bios parts of letters are missing, its the same letters that have the same parts missing, some of them are fine. When I load something graphical (Knoppix) there are stripes of darker pizels down the screen.

I know the monitor is okay as I use it with 2 other computers.

AMD 64 3500+ oem

MSI K8N SLI-FI

2x 512mb Corsair Value Select PC3200

Asus N6600GTTD oem

Seagate 250gb HDD

Edited by galla2k4eva

I had someone's pc once with that problem, it was like Psychotic_god said a video card problem. But not what you think, it seemed like the video card wasn't held with it's screw for a long while and the slot was loose, so some of the fingers were barely touching or something.The card was ok i tried it in my tester and it worked fine.

So my advice would be to check the slot, maybe even dust in there. ;)

Sounds like a graphic card problem. Make sure its plugged all the way in, thats usually what happens, people don't seat it all the way in. Have your overclocked your GPU yet?

593145[/snapback]

Haven't even used it yet, just got it set up really.

I had someone's pc once with that problem, it was like Psychotic_god said a video card problem. But not what you think, it seemed like the video card wasn't held with it's screw for a long while and the slot was loose, so some of the fingers were barely touching or something.The card was ok i tried it in my tester and it worked fine.

So my advice would be to check the slot, maybe even dust in there. ;)

593171[/snapback]

Okay I'll check that.

Heres some pics of whats happening as well.

Guest Raven65

Seems to be a video card problem but, Before you go and buy a new one why don't you try another that you have to double check.

Haven't got another pci-e card and I threw my old pci card away a few days ago.

I tried the whole NES routine, take it out blow it, blow the socket plugged it back in and it still seems to be the same.

Any other suggestions?

Oh btw there was some plugs marked PCI-Express on my psu but I cant find anywhere on the motherboard or graphics card to plug them, are these meant to be plugged in?

Haven't got another pci-e card and I threw my old pci card away a few days ago.

I tried the whole NES routine, take it out blow it, blow the socket plugged it back in and it still seems to be the same.

Any other suggestions?

Oh btw there was some plugs marked PCI-Express on my psu but I cant find anywhere on the motherboard or graphics card to plug them, are these meant to be plugged in?

593330[/snapback]

Hell yeah, you have to plug power into the card from a PCI express power source, I guess thats your problem, your card doen't have enough power. Does your PSU support PCI-E?