Civic Turbo Vs Bmw 325i

DraconicPenguin

That civic actually doesn't look too bad, I (kind of) like them in white...there are maybe 5 or 6 in my town (100,000 people, 10,000 ricers...maybe a bit exagerated) that are smart enough to realize that neons and spinners won't make your car faster, I've even seen one with the garden edging nailed onto his civic because it "made is car hug the ground homie."

I'm still looking into either a Solstice GXP or buying one of the new Miatas and throwing a turbo and some other goodies onto it.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have to agree - sleepers are better cars imo. the only external modifications i would EVER look at, are the ones the manufacturer offers which is usually...not much, but when there are, they look subtle. otherwise, surely the manufacturer would wide-boy the car up for a "better ride".

i think not.

kudos. have fun and as bigred says about processors, i reckon you can apply to cars too (dont reckon he'll agree tho) - get what suits your needs and budget i reckon.

i agree, i know my car isnt fast. its still fun for me though because i just havnt had anything faster. even 6psi feels like a lot when your used to driving a car with 125 hp. id love to have a new gto but my financial situation prohibits things like that.

and yeah.. turbo is the only mod on my car right now, i havnt touched the appearance yet. i think it looks fine stock, although wheels wouldn't be bad :)

sisig6bx.jpg

i have a lot of plans for my car. its a fun project car while im in college, and it fits my budget nicely.

592238[/snapback]

Oh man, I love the EG/EK civics. They look really sweet with the factory lips on them, but other than that I wouldn't touch the outside on a hatch. Focusing more on the engine/handling is a lot more fun anyway.

Be careful racing like that though. I got the idea to be cool and whip my Del Sol around a curve and it really screwed me in the long-run. All the money I saved up for the engine had to go into restoring the body first. While I did go rice and get the Mugen front bumper and side skirts (I wouldn't call it rice so much as wannabe JDM race car driver), it is still quite the sleeper at 160hp. I plan to go all motor on this beast and see what it can do XD

The thing I love about Hondas is the higher you rev them, the more they come to life =D

So you are pushing what....140hp from your civic?  haha...poor 1.6L cars.  Would probably whoop you in my Stock '05 Focus ST.  150+ stock HP.    :P  :P

592687[/snapback]

more like 140whp... :rolleyes:

and thats a pretty modest estimate, ill have it dyno'd soon and know for sure

more like 140whp...  :rolleyes:

and thats a pretty modest estimate, ill have it dyno'd soon and know for sure

592767[/snapback]

your making between 160-170 at the fly (methinks) so that sounds right ish

So you are pushing what....140hp from your civic?  haha...poor 1.6L cars.  Would probably whoop you in my Stock '05 Focus ST.  150+ stock HP.    :P  :P

592687[/snapback]

yeah but the focus st is 4 cylinder 2.0 litre....and only 170bhp or if it's the newest model, 2.5l 5 cylinder turbo-charged and 220bhp...which is quite poor compared to a stock 2.0l 4 cylinder honda civic type r engine that is not turboed that pumps out 210bhp....

ford are good, but under-powered. i'm a ford owner and happily admit that til the cows come home. sorry, but honda win the 4 cylinder competition hands down buddy.

yeah but the focus st is 4 cylinder 2.0 litre....and only 170bhp or if it's the newest model, 2.5l 5 cylinder turbo-charged and 220bhp...which is quite poor compared to a stock 2.0l 4 cylinder honda civic type r engine that is not turboed that pumps out 210bhp....

ford are good, but under-powered. i'm a ford owner and happily admit that til the cows come home. sorry, but honda win the 4 cylinder competition hands down buddy.

592888[/snapback]

honda wins 4s

bmw wins I6s

ford wins 8s

lambo wins 12s

discuss

well i don't think there is a great deal to discuss there :lol:

europe is a predominant 4 cylinder fan

america is a big 8 cylinder fan (and anything more than 4 cylinder)

simple. fuel costs in the US are a fraction of that in the UK/Europe, so bigger cars are permissable and affordable.

[quote(GmAz @ Dec 8 2005, 04:51 PM)

So you are pushing what....140hp from your civic? haha...poor 1.6L cars. Would probably whoop you in my Stock '05 Focus ST. 150+ stock HP. tongue.gif tongue.gif

*QUOTE]

YEAH BUT LETS MAKE IT A NICER RACE go against my o5 si i bet ill be ya. stay with in classes man. my 2.0 will mop against yours.

if i change to the rsx -s engine setup it has 220 with out the turbo