Lightscribe Recommendation

Arkadiy

I want to get a LightScribe DVD burner that supports every media type available.

I already found disks, a bit pricey but....The discs

Anyone recommend a burner? So far found this one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16827140014

they're all pretty lousy drives for what they're worth. I suggest getting a better DVD burner for the price, and going with "printable" blanks like my wife uses. printer's for em are down to $60 and they double as pretty decent photo printers.

and blanks are generally a few cents more than regular disks... unlike those HP crud balls.

BTW HP drives and i don't get along :( never have and probably will never be nice to each other.

am i the only one here who doesn't know what lightscribe is?

EDIT: okay...googled it...but what's the point of it lol....it's not worth it. =P

Edited by airman

just go look up this product

ESPSON R200 PHOTO STYLUS.  it has the neat little tray that you actually run the CD / DVD thru.  works perfectly.

587044[/snapback]

Seems to me like it takes up way to much ink and I don't think the quality would be as good as LightScribe since LS is a laser compared to the printer.....

LMAO. lets take a vote here on which looks better? like I said I have seen the R200's results (500+ disks per set of cartridges in COLOR). it matches what ever you throw at it... exactly like the picture on your monitor. you're printing on top of a white matte finish disk that is just like running matte finish photo paper thru a photo printer... wonder how that turns out?

or you can have this? wow, let me pickup my jaw... from how lousy that is.

lightscribe_labled_cd.jpg

Edited by bigred