64 System Mobo

Well.. unless you want a Socket 754 with limited features. Socket 754 is already dying out. I'd go with a Socket 939. Also. Please tell us what type of budget you are on and what you intend to do with your future PC. That will help us help you.

YeSu

Just to list a few things.

From the looks of it, you're going w/ an AMD chip. So, I'll just wait until you provide further information so that I may list some parts for you.

Edited by UkJenT

I've never had problems with gigabyte motherboards, they have always been solid and reliable for me :)

But as UKJent said a socket 939 setup would be the way to go as Socket 754 is wasting away.

As for other parts just tell us what you hope to do with your new build and how much you would like to spend and people will recommend and spec you up a decent system.

UkJenT, I plan on using it for a gamming machine as well as a server for my home network. I will be doing a little bit of video editing for my snowboarding videos as well as skateboarding videos. Because we are trying to get a team going on, I will be using it as a image creating machine. So basically it will be doing everything from video editing to a server. I appreciate you helping me create a list of hardware that I should get. I do not need any hdd or cd burner or cards. Thanks again. I also appreciate the very fast reply to my thread.

<EDIT>

Oh yeah if the socket 939 will be around longer than the socket 754, I would rather get that. Thanks

Edited by gotdamojo06

k, but what is your budget? And I am sure most would agree that if you are going to be doing video editing, the best route to take would be Intel P4. Yuck.. haha.. I had to suggest it, but they are better suited for video editing.

Edited by UkJenT

If its video editing and imagery your after, go intel not AMD. Im a die hard amd fan but i one thing i know is that amd is blown away buy intel when it comes to that kinda stuff. Gaming wise, AMD is your best bet.

You edited your post after i posted mine, now we are saying the same thing *shakes fist*

Edited by GlimmerMan

My budget can be between 200-300 but I dont have that right now...I will have to save up a little bit before I would be able to do that. I refuse to go with Intel, I don't know why, but I just do....so they are out of the picture. Mostly it will be used for gamming and not as much video and image editing. Thanks for the help.

<EDIT>

Do these look good?

http://www.ewiz.com/detail.php?p=MB-K8NN2-F&c=pw

http://www.chiefvalue.com/app/productdetai...roprocessors+PC

Edited by gotdamojo06

I will no be doing much video or image editing, mostly gamming and sortof server. Unless I keep up my old comp, which I doubt.

576442[/snapback]

Amd it is then, but then you should just spend a bit more for a Amd A64 939 system

You get Dual Channal

Pci-E or AGP

Newer technologies